Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Countdown to Bermuda: An Awe-some Early Morning Run



I wish I would have taken a screenshot of the weather in Brookline for today at 6am. Tom made me double check the city I was looking at since I have different cities for the weather on my phone. "No I am telling you it's 50 degrees!"

Here is the current temperature in Brookline at 3pm on NOVEMBER 29th!!!



After Tom and Ruth Anne braved 20 degrees for yesterday's run, he was understandably incredulous that it was 50 degrees at 6am. We had to open the front door and then try to figure out what we should wear on the run. File that under runner problems for those living in New England and training for a January Half Marathon.

By the time we finished our core work and had water and a banana, it was daybreak. As we ran toward the Route 9 Reservoir, I saw the sun shining through the trees extending its glorious light in every direction. It was a mystical moment for me as my breath caught. What a blessing and a gift to see the dawn of a new day; a gift I never ever take for granted having come so close to death on many occasions at the hands of family members. Feeling the dawn of a new day and a connection to our Loving Creator lit the fire in my soul. It was as if the Divine was speaking to me, inviting me to shine my light.

Recently my meditations have been focused on helping me to move out of the habits that arose from experiencing paralytic polio and violence. Seeing those golden rays of sun between the trees reminded me that the power of God within me and around me is far greater than anything that happened to me.

Feeling the relatively warm morning air, seeing the light of the rising sun dance on the water of the Reservoir and kiss the world awake, Team McManus felt awe-some. We all took in the sensations of the new day with love and appreciation for our surroundings and for being able to run with each other.

Today wrapped up another week of training on the road to Bermuda Half Marathon III.

43 days and counting!

We have been so blessed with the weather and being able to train outdoors for as long as we have. This time last year we were up to 10.5 miles and on Saturday we deposited another 11.5 in the Bank of Bermuda. We also had to go indoors several times as a result of the weather last year.

On Saturday we have 12 miles on tap. The weather is not looking good at the moment but here in New England that can change in a moment.

For now we are basking in the glow of our awe-some and inspiring early morning run letting our light shine:


To going the distance with strength and courage
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):



No comments:

Post a Comment