Friday, December 8, 2017

Going the Distance: Making Peace With My Past - Creating the Path to my Future



The other day I wrote a blog about what I imagine and feel in my dreams as I move forward in my healing journey; healing the effects from paralytic polio and severe childhood trauma. Daily meditations provide the time for me to quiet my mind, get clarity on my life and connect with the Divine Intelligence that is within me and that surrounds me.

During my meditation this morning the thought "Make peace with your past. Make peace with your body. Clear the way for the future. Forgive." came to me! I've been seeing stories about the power of forgiveness and know about the power of forgiveness and gratitude for healing in my own life. There was a but in my journey of forgiveness as I experienced self-righteous indignation and anger that was hard for me to release. The anger and frustration manifested of course in my body and thus a loop was created. The more I experienced the anger and frustration, the more I felt stuck and heavy in my body and the more I felt stuck and heavy in my body, the more I felt anger and frustration.

This morning in my meditation, it was as though a boil had come to a head with those thoughts about making peace and forgiveness. I follow Dr. Joe Dispenza on Facebook. The last several testimonials have been stunning synchronicity with what I am healing in my life.

This morning's testimonial was a gift from God as Henry shared his experience during Dr. Joe's workshop about forgiveness. Here is my comment on the Facebook video:

"Bless you for sharing Henry. I too grew up in an alcoholic home and experienced the same cycle of violence followed by apologies and asking for forgiveness and then having it happen all over again. The first line of my father's suicide note was please forgive me for what I am about to do. You are so right when you say forgiveness is for us and when we open our heart and allow the Divine to bless and heal our wounds, we are free. Recently I was in a "business" relationship with someone who would blow up at me and then ask me to forgive him and then tell me how wonderful I was. By doing the work and practicing my meditation I was able to walk away and just leave it behind but then had to work on releasing the anger and feeling forgiveness and compassion in my heart - feeling compassion that I was drawn to and stayed in that relationship and replace the rage and self righteous indignation with forgiveness. I think of Nelson Mandela's quote. Bless you for creating the environment for healing and wholeness to Dr. Joe and your team whether "in the room" of the workshop or through sharing these testimonials via the quantum field and collective consciousness. I am manifesting a trip to the Advanced Workshop in Toronto in August of 2018. Bless you again Henry and to you and your beautiful family--health, wholeness and healing!


Another friend shared this on Facebook this morning:

Be healed. I love those two mystical words. So simple and yet with so much spiritual authority. Be healed of all that harms you. Be healed of sorrow and grief, of anger and guilt, of envy and pride. Be healed in your mind, body and spirit. Be healed of illness, of fatigue, of pain. Be healed of worry and of fear. Be healed of broken relationships, doubts and suspicions, betrayal and separation. Be healed by being made whole, by acceptance, understanding, release and forgiveness. Be healed from deep within your soul. Be healed by the Spirit who loves you. Be healed.


It is time for me to make peace with my past. To heal and to make new to create the path to my future free from the shackles of the past. It is time for me to go the distance on my healing journey.

To going the distance with strength and courage
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):

No comments:

Post a Comment