Friday, December 15, 2017

Going the Distance: Heal: The Documentary - Movie Review



My review on iTunes - 5 stars
"A beautiful documentary that shares the wisdom of the ways one can heal beyond allopathic medicine. Research, personal stories and inquiry are woven together to create this masterpiece of a documentary. I especially loved the depiction of Dr. Joe Dispenza's healing after a serious accident that crushed his vertebrae in his spine. Using a blend of cinematic techniques, you'll find yourself enthralled and intrigued by what Heal: The Documentary has to offer to go beyond what we've all been taught to believe about our bodies and Western Medicine's offerings. You'll find yourself experience healing of mind, body and soul by watching Heal and being touched by the wisdom of great teachers and healers."



I read through the reviews on YouTube and I was somewhat dismayed by the rancor and anger that permeated some of the comments. Those comments are exactly why we need Heal: The Documentary in our lives. I've experienced the power of the mind/body connection throughout my healing journey from the effects of having contracted paralytic polio at the age of 5 followed by severe childhood trauma inflicted by family members. I was blessed to be led to the work of Dr. Bernie Siegel back in the 80's by an earth angel nurse I had during a lengthy hospitalization. He's been a part of my healing journey during these past 11 years after I was diagnosed with Post-Polio Syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease. He is featured in the Extras.

As I watched one woman's journey of healing from a severe skin disorder, I cried and healed with her as the practitioner guided her through EFT and bathed her wounds with love and compassion. As Bernie always says, "Love heals."

Three years ago after suffering a serious knee injury, I was led to a chiropractor after Western Medicine told me I shouldn't run anymore and be prepared for knee replacement surgery in a few years based on MRI findings. These were the same doctors who told me I should prepare to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair 8 years prior to the knee injury and to return to the Post-Polio Clinic because it was only a matter of time.... Dr. Ryan told me that I HAD to read "You Are the Placebo" by Dr. Joe Dispenza. Combining chiropractic care and the power of my meditation and intention to heal, I'm back running half marathons - with no surgery! And I have grown a new gastroc muscle! I loved the depiction of Dr. Joe's healing journey and how he said with such clear intention that if he were able to walk again, he would dedicate himself to the work of healing after his wake up call. Follow this link to read Dr. Joe's invitation to watch Heal:The Documentary.

In the documentary we learn that yes indeed there is a time and place for Western Medicine but we need to move beyond the dictates of the world of the white coat if we are going to truly heal our lives from dis-ease and return to a state of wholeness and well being. That power to heal comes from Source/Divine Intelligence/God whatever word you would like to use that is in each and every one of us. In my healing journey, I discovered that there was a lot of trial and error about what modalities would and would not work to promote healing and the message of Heal: The Documentary is to keep searching until you find what combination of resources and information is going to work for each individual.

Heal: The Documentary has boosted my commitment and dedication to my healing journey. Whatever doubts may surface - and it's only human to experience those doubts - I now have another wonderfully powerful resource to go to to ignite my passion to go the distance in my healing journey. It was Divine Timing as I am making profound shifts in my life to take my healing to the next level.

Heal: The Documentary is available for rent, download or DVD. It's compelling and a must see!

To going the distance with strength and courage
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):









No comments:

Post a Comment