Thursday, December 21, 2017

Going the Distance: Light Dawns - Serundipity



Our training for Bermuda Marathon Weekend is winding down. 3 weeks from today we will be at the Fairmount Southampton Princess enjoying all that is Bermuda and enjoying a celebration of miracles and healing. Ruth Anne did hill repeats on Tuesday afternoon and went to the gym yesterday for cross training. Tom and I set out for an early morning run.

It was cold and we had to be careful of black ice but what an opportunity to experience the dawn of a new day!

As the grey skies became blue and the sun rose between the trees, I felt this powerful connection with the Divine. I knew it was going to be a very special run for Tom and me.

I could feel my heart open and gratitude overwhelmed me that spilled from my heart to tears streaming down my face. So much emotion flowed as I thought about these last 3 years and embracing all the beautiful and wondrous possibilities that our future now holds. Yes it may seem odd to be talking about the future for a couple who are 64 (on Monday my birthday) and 66 (on 3/2) and who will be married 40 years on 3/4/18. There was a time after being diagnosed with Post-Polio Syndrome 11 years ago that I didn't think I had a future. Through writing inspirational poetry I created a future other than the ones that the doctors predicted for me.

Three years ago I was blessed to meet Ryan J Means, DC - a chiropractor healer who reminded me of what I had set out to do when I quit my award winning career as a VA social worker just 3 years shy of retirement age to "heal my life". I had a very serious knee injury in December of 2014 and could not seem to get traction on my healing journey. In addition to his skill and heart, he led me to the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza.

Tom and I talked about the power of forgiveness.



I felt my heart open and compassion flow for a person who had betrayed and exploited me who, up until yesterday's run, I couldn't find in my heart to forgive. I know that holding onto a grudge is like keeping a hot coal in my hand. The other person goes on living their life and I cause myself pain and suffering. The cold fresh air of winter, seeing the day go from dark to light and grey to blue connected me to the Source of all that is. Light dawned and my energetic connection to that person and all they symbolized in my life broke free.

Even though it was cold outside, I was sweating from the effort I put into our 5K. I love experiencing the contrast of sweat meeting cold air. Here is our apres run selfie:


We enjoyed a delicious breakfast together...Breakfast always tastes so incredible after an early morning run.

Tom went off to work and I had an appointment with my chiropractor.

The magic that began during that early morning run continued during my treatment. I felt a powerful connection to the Divine Intelligence within and around me as Dr. Lizzie practiced the art and science of chiropractic care. I had this image of a river of energy flowing through me; a beautiful crystal clear river that I could only best compare to a flexisnake that plumbers use to clear out clogs.

I am so excited for what my future holds. I know I am going the distance in my health and wellness journey healing the effects from paralytic polio and trauma and embracing an abundant life!


What a wonderful way to ring out the old with an early morning se-run-dipity. What a blessing to be touched by grace as light dawned in the early hours the day before the winter solstice.

To going the distance with strength and courage
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):


No comments:

Post a Comment