Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Holy Bermuda Batman - I'm Training for a Half Marathon! Goals Keep Us Honest!



On Monday I was feeling tired during my workout in the pool at WaveHealth. And then I had a light bulb moment...we are just a little over two months away from when Team McManus toes the line at the Bermuda Half Marathon on Sunday January 17th.

One of my favorite phrases from Dr. Joe Dispenza is "Focus on the wave not on the particle."

Instead of focusing on feeling tired, I thought about Bermuda and the thought came to me, "Holy Bermuda Batman - you are training for a half marathon girl."

I suddenly realized that every workout counts.

I haven't had a goal like this in 6 years. I was always focused on limits. I had to be careful to not overdo. My joints were not going to take another long distance goal. And so my body became a reflection of those limits.



Yesterday was an incredibly full and fulfilling day including a magical and magnificent interview with Bernie Siegel on Healthylife.net. He read my poetry from Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life,



and we reconnected with love, warmth, sharing wit and wisdom and having incredible synchronicity with our poems and journeys. We reminisced about our marathon runs, signs that we would and could and did go the distance. This morning the alarm went off at 6:00am. It was time to rise and shine and go for another training run.

I was tired and wanted to hit the alarm clock and snuggle in bed with Tom and Jamie, but I remembered that I am training for a half marathon now and there is no time for excuses!

So we did our plank, our crunches, had toast, a banana and water and out the door we went.

I pushed myself hard knowing that I want to be in the best possible shape when I toe that line in Bermuda. It was a gorgeous morning. Such a gift of warm sunshine for November 4th. Team McManus did hills, and a tempo run and while I was training my body, I was also training my mind to focus on the wave not the particle and allow my body to do what it does best.



I was pleased with my time and this week's physical and mental training.

On Saturday I will run the longest distance I have run since 2009 - 9.5 miles. Holy Bermuda Batman - I am training for a Half Marathon and I need to keep momentum, focus and a powerful positive attitude knowing yes I can go the distance. And this goal of 13.1 happening in just a couple of months is keeping me honest to be my best possible physical and mental self and to inspire others to go the distance whatever the goal, whatever the challenge.











No comments:

Post a Comment