Sunday, November 22, 2015

Countdown to Bermuda: Feeling Accomplished



As I went to bed last night feeling sore and tired, I had an incredible feeling of accomplishment.



I thanked my sore and aching muscles and my entire body for doing me proud and going the distance of ten miles.

With each run I feel more and more confidence.

This morning I did my core workout and strength training. I thought about what Jeffrey Spratt,MT, Owner and Principal of Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC taught at his presentation, "Your Boston Marathon: Tips For Getting To The Finish Line Healthy and Happy." He talked about what happens in the body when training and how to create an optimal healing environment to run strong, run smart and run happy. I took my post run ice bath yesterday and stretched and rested last night. This morning I iced and stretched before doing my work out. I was able to frame it as an active recovery day.

I used to be afraid of pushing my body too far.



In partnering with Jeffrey, I have rewired my brain and shifted my beliefs and experience the transformation as everything I dreamed about and wrote about in my poetry during these last 9 years comes into physical manifestation. Each week we care for my mind, body and Soul with advanced sports massage therapy and the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy which heals and transforms everything that went before and helps me gain strength with whatever challenges I may be facing in my life.

I know in every fiber of my being I can and am going the distance of 13.1 miles.

It's getting close and I am counting down to Bermuda.

I am feeling accomplished and satisfied and so very happy that I am able to, at last, reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment