Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Going the Distance: Transformation Tuesday - Writing the Next Chapters of My Life



I'm excited to write my next book, "The Adventures of Runnergirl1953." On our 10 mile training run in the rain, Tom and Ruth Anne asked me about how I am going to structure the book. I told them I was thinking about organizing the book by themes or using flashbacks and flash forwards to share the adventures of this runnergirl. It's a book that will focus on the magnificent sport of running, on faith, on quantum healing, strength, determination and the power of running and running as a metaphor for life. Unlike my "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility," and "Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance," the focus will be much less on the events of my past and focus more on this miracle of healing and transformation in my life. Ruth Anne's miraculous recovery from severe depression and PTSD will be woven into the adventures as well.

While many of the chapters for my next book have been written, I am writing the story of Bermuda Half Marathon III in real time. I get to hold the pen and the power for how I want to write the story of training for and then running my third Bermuda Half Marathon.

I have a very powerful imagination and intention when it comes to my healing odyssey; healing from the effects of paralytic polio and severe childhood trauma that manifested as the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease by Western Medicine standards in December of 2006. The mind/body connection has been demonstrated both in scientific research by such greats as Dr. Joe Dispenza and through case studies by Dr. Bernie Siegel.

My intentions and imagination were initially fired up with writing inspirational poetry. I still fire up my imagination holding my pen (well actually my mac laptop), my Diving rod for healing through my blog foreshadowing what I want to have happen next. Through my daily meditations, I continue to imagine healing in every cell of my body.

My passion and my purpose to be a beacon of hope to the world fuels my journey, along with my incredible and loving running village who have embraced me and my journey.

There is only room for success on the road to Bermuda Half Marathon III. I'm very excited to be writing these next chapters of my life!



Go the distance with strength and courage,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):

No comments:

Post a Comment