Friday, January 1, 2016

The Force Awakens


38 years ago in a galaxy far far away - aka the Allston Cinema in Allston, Massachusetts, Tom and I went on one of our first dates to watch Star Wars.



Last night we went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens:




I used to have difficulty sitting comfortably in a movie theater as a result of the late effects of paralytic polio and trauma and couldn't sit in the first few rows because of neurological tracking issues. The only seats left for yesterday afternoon's show was in the fourth row at the Chestnut Hill Luxe Cinema. I decided to go for it.

The seats were incredibly lush and comfortable and despite being near the front of the theater, I had no issues with tracking the action on the screen.

It's a powerful story...don't worry no spoilers here ... of the battle between good and evil; the light and the dark side.

I was reminded of how the Force is strong within me; how my connection to goodness and grace began when I contracted paralytic polio at age 5 and has seen me through a lifetime full of trials and tribulations. It's easy to forget about our connection to the Force - to Source and to realize how powerful we all are.

Last year, after meeting Ryan J. Means, DC my beloved chiropractor and now friend he helped to reawaken the Force within me with his passion for the practice of chiropractic medicine and his passionate belief of our body's ability to heal. He urged me to read Dr. Joe Dispenza's "You Are the Placebo" and it has become a guide for me to practice the ways of the Jedi as I recovered from a knee injury and set goals not limits in my passion to run distance again.

Today it was cold and windy for our last 11 miler before the Bermuda Half Marathon on 1/17/16. I thought about Dr. Joe's phrase, "Think greater than your circumstances". During these last 6 months I have trained in a way I never trained before. When I trained for the 2009 Boston Marathon I could not continue with strength training and cross training once we hit 10 miles on our long run. I've been consistent and harnessing the power of the Force to transform and transcend the wounds that those who chose the Dark Side inflicted on me.

The hay is in the barn. I have a few 3 milers to stay loose and gentle strength training and cross training to maintain, maintain, maintain and protect our investment of all those miles that are now deposited into the Bank of Bermuda.



The Force has awakened within me. I shall continue to harness its power for healing, to spread love, light, compassion, inspiration, joy and justice in the world. The Force is strong in this one ... I have triumphed over the Dark Side!

No comments:

Post a Comment