Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Treadmill Run....Climbing to Greater Heights

Even one year ago I did not have the strength, stamina or balance to run on a treadmill. While training for the Bermuda Half Marathon I did a treadmill run because it was incredibly rainy and cold outside. It was a struggle.

Now that I have crossed the finish line of the Bermuda Half Marathon, I am ready to take on new challenges and climb to greater heights in my health and wellness journey.

When I woke up at 6 am yesterday, the roads had black ice on them. I could have waited for the day to warm up and gone outside, but I was pumped and ready for my morning run. Tom and I did our core work together and then I fired up the treadmill.

I made sure I stretched before I ran and warmed up but then I kicked the pace up a notch. I had to lightly hold on to ensure my balance and stability on the treadmill but I was definitely feeling badass getting my pace down to 14:37 for the last mile!

Tom cheered me on and was my official photographer while I blared my tunes and at times sang along:


With every workout I get stronger and climb to greater heights on my health and wellness journey.

After I posted the picture from yesterday's run, two of my friends commented about how they could see what a great run I had.

And that run was on a treadmill!

Yes I am climbing to greater heights healing all that went before gaining momentum and excited for crushing new old goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment