Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Countdown to Bermuda: It's Here - 6 months in the making!

So wouldn't it have been enough for me to return to Bermuda healthy and whole and enjoy the Island free from a leg brace and from the shackles of the past?

NO!!!



Or as Mark Twain said:



Ever since I left my 20 year award winning career at the VA to heal my life, I have been on a mission - for myself and to deliver a message of healing, hope and possibility to others. There have been peaks and valleys along the way on this healing journey and now I am on a steady course of healing. I was working hard to heal but until I met Dr. Ryan, a healer chiropractor I could not get traction on my healing journey.

As my dear friend and sole sister Nicole Berglund said after reading my earlier blog post today, "On Sunday, you set a new standard of what's possible."

And so here I am - 6 months since I started training for the Bermuda Half Marathon. I've trained mind, body and soul. I've visualized, meditated, journaled and worked harder, trained harder and smarter than I ever have before - even harder than when I trained for Boston 2009.

I am surrounded with so much love, support and excitement from my village.

Countdown to Bermuda - it's here and tomorrow I'm leaving on a jet plane. And when I return I will be bringing home the gold!


No comments:

Post a Comment