Saturday, October 25, 2014

Olde Cape Cod

Tom and I are enjoying ourselves on a much needed and much deserved vacation in Falmouth. He is running the Cape Cod Half Marathon today. It's always an energizing experience for me to be among the running community and to watch a race from the sidelines. After 6 races since June and two PR's, I am delighted to be on the sidelines and be support crew for Tom.

While we are away enjoying Falmouth, one of our most favorite places to play, here are some photos from when Tom ran the Cape Cod Half in 2011:

The beautiful morning sky in Falmouth


The starting line with Tom and Hassan from L Street Running Club. Hassan did the Chowda Challenge running the Half on Saturday and the Full on Sunday. At age 62 he finished 6th overall in the Challenge with a total time of 5:01:52.


Finish line and the finisher's tape waiting for the winner


and the winner Joseph Ekuom with a time of 1:18:31 from High Falls, NY


Tom told me he'd be running about a 9-10 minute mile. He ran an 8:17 pace and I missed him crossing the finish line!

We had an amazing post race dinner at Landucci's at the Falmouth Inn where we will be staying again this year. The mouth watering dipping oil and appetizer:



As Tom said to me as we were packing, "This will be just like old times only totally different." I'm excited about the new memories we will be creating this weekend on Olde Cape Cod.


Knowing the challenges first hand of living with a neuromuscular condition, on Thanksgiving, I will be running the Boston Volvo 5K Village Road Race to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society New England Chapter. When we unlock the key to one neuromuscular condition, we can unlock the door to many. You can donate to my run on my fund raising page.

The first 7 years of my healing odyssey are chronicled in Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility available on Amazon. I donate 50% of royalty payments to The One Fund Boston to help survivors and their families who were affected by the tragic events of 4/15/13.



I'm working on my 2nd book, "Journey Well," due out later this year:


No comments:

Post a Comment