Friday, October 10, 2014

Countdown to Tufts - Bib Pick Up - Boston You're My Home

Two more days until I take my place at the start of the Tufts Health Plan 10K for Women. It's getting close. Nothing more to do but rest, fuel, visualize, meditate, cheer on my friends in cyberspace who are running their races this weekend, and let go of any outcomes other than to have a great day.

Today was bib pick up at City Sports in Copley Square. We are a city that runs together, is strong and resilient and beautiful in its structure and people. Today I saw my hometown through the eyes of a tourist seeing its beauty for the first time. I felt like a tourist snapping photos of our beautiful city on a perfect Fall New England Day. I paused to reflect and remember how far I and the City of Boston have come in this past year and a half. Friends are posting their fund raising pages on Facebook for the 2015 Boston Marathon. What a difference a year makes! I felt a sense of deep appreciation in my heart and soul for my home and for our courage and strength as a City and as individuals as we move forward and journey well.



It's great to be racing a 10K distance again running through the streets of Back Bay and finishing the race near Beacon Hill. I know I am surrounded by so much love and support that will carry me from the starting line to the finish line running like a champion. I will start strong and finish stronger!

And to all of my friends racing this weekend...

Ode to Us - The Racers
From Beantown to Chitown and towns along the way
to Kona for Ironman so many friends will have their day.
For racing, for PR's for BQ's or just for fun
remember no matter where we finish - we're all number one.
Wishing us a personal best and meeting the challenge with grace
no matter the time that reads on the clock, we have won our personal race.
By digging deep and running strong and finding the courage to start
we learn what we're really made of in our soul and in our heart.
So here's to us - the racers - let's go out there be Boston Strong
the hay is now in the proverbial barn - we've tapered now run long.
Be well, God speed, run happy, dig deep - enjoy the journey each step you take
here's to a wonderful weekend as wonderful memories we'll make.




The first 7 years of my healing odyssey are chronicled in Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility available on Amazon. I donate 50% of royalty payments to The One Fund Boston to help survivors and their families who were affected by the tragic events of 4/15/13.



I'm working on my 2nd book, "Journey Well," due out later this year:



No comments:

Post a Comment