Monday, January 1, 2018

Countdown to Bermuda: My Vision for the Future



A question I plan to ask myself this New Year is "Does this belong in 2018?"

Paralytic polio followed by years of unrelenting violence at the hands of family members shaped my thoughts, my beliefs and my behaviors. Many of them are quite adaptive especially when training for a Half Marathon and getting ready for a runcation. I have everything organized. Why even planning our training schedule so we were able to get in our long run before the bitter cold set in and have an early and long taper sprung from my experiences as a trauma survivor.

There are also many many thoughts and beliefs that I carry with me that I do NOT want to take along to my future.

I've been doing the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza. In his book, "Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon"



Dr. Joe suggests we write out what it is that we want to bring into our lives. We assign a letter and then give specifics as to what that would look like in our lives.

At breakfast this morning I read what I wrote out loud:

H - Healing
Free from pain
Vibrant
Energetic
Joyful
Running a 12 minute mile
Ease of movement
Slender
Youthful
Flexible
Strong
Steady hands and head
Balanced
Able to jump rope
Be a winner in my Age Group
Lightness
Competitive athlete
Graceful
Inspirational speaker sharing my story
Dancer
Swimmer
Confident

I did one for A - Abundance and one of the specifics for abundance is to renovate our kitchen. We laughed because we have a faulty dishwasher that has been leaking for months. We didn't know it was leaking until we heard a drip drip in our basement last Thursday. The plumbers came and told us that the dishwasher has a faulty part. We thought that perhaps the pipe froze and was leaking so were very grateful it was only the dishwasher. They turned off the water to the dishwasher and told us what steps to take to get the insurance appraisers in to get a new kitchen floor! For some strange reason it is still dripping. We have a pot under the drip now so at least it's not dripping into the basement. We called the manufacturer since it is still under warranty and they can't come until next Monday which has given us time to reflect on what we need to do next - like have the unit removed and get the floor taken care of. But there it is -- renovations to our kitchen and we are open to what other surprises the Universe has in store for us.

But getting back to healing!

After I read the list, Ruth Anne said to me, "What about running another marathon with me?"

My first response was - oh no - no way and then I started crying adding it to my list.

Why not another marathon? I do need to take some off after the Bermuda Half and allow my body to recover but why not another marathon? A mother/daughter marathon! I don't know how or which one or when but I am releasing it to the magic of the Universe.

Dr. Joe posted a video on Facebook today recapping his year and the miraculous events that occurred as a result of the work of meditation and burning away the old making space to receive Divine Love. He said that once you are touched by the Divine you can never go back to your old self.

I have been so blessed to be touched by the Divine ever since I contracted paralytic polio at the age of 5 years old and was neglected and abandoned by my mother who was addicted to prescription pain medication. During these past 11 years as I healed from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma that was diagnosed as Post-Polio Syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease, I've experienced miracles of healing.

Before finding my way to a chiropractor healer, Dr. Ryan J. Means who told me I just HAD to read "You Are the Placebo" I could not get traction on my healing journey. It was the crisis of a serious knee injury that led me to Dr. Ryan and the work of Dr. Joe.

Since July of 2017, I rededicated myself to my healing journey.

I left a lot in 2017. My twitter and LinkedIn accounts. People who did not nourish me and support me with whom I repeated unhealthy patterns from the past. Habits that did not support me being my highest self and give me the time and space to heal, flourish and grow. I've become aware of the thoughts, beliefs and feelings rather than have them create automatic unconscious reactions to my environment.



I begin 2018 with a heart overflowing with gratitude for the blessings and lessons of 2017... with no regrets but the promise to choose better in 2018 allowing my intuition to guide me. I am grateful for the miles and healing that I accomplished in 2017 and excited for new adventures in healing, health and wellness! Our family is reunited strengthened by the trials that come with healing mental illness and every day we celebrate and continue to heal with love and faith! I leave all consuming anger, fear and bitterness and judging bringing a soft, open and caring heart into a new day and a new year. I leave being a victim in 2017 and enter 2018 as a victor.

In order to bring my vision for the future into my present, I will continue to focus on what I DO want, surrendering my vision to the Divine Mind to create it for the highest good AND continue to release limiting thoughts and behaviors.

In a little under 2 weeks I will be running my 3rd half marathon in as many years after being told I needed to stop running and needed a total knee replacement in a few years. My vision for the future began 11 years ago through the power of my pen, my divining rod for healing as I wrote poetry imagining a future of health, wholeness and freedom; now it is focused on complete healing from the effects of trauma and paralytic polio and as it comes into physical reality, my vision is to inspire others with what's possible.

To a wonderful, magical and mystical 2018!

To going the distance with strength and courage!
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to listen to my interview with Keith Cartwright by following this link.

Proud to be a part of Friends of Blue Diamond Athletic Displays, Inc.

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):





No comments:

Post a Comment