Friday, January 19, 2018

Bermuda Marathon Weekend: It's a Sign

We woke up on Friday morning to Bermuda birds singing and this view:


Before a race I am consistent with having my oatmeal. I brought packets of Trader Joe's oatmeal with me but, unlike last year, was not going to restrict my enjoyment of food until after the race. We went to the breakfast buffet at Windows on the Sound:


I enjoyed a banana, juice, water, my oatmeal, toast and a half of a scrumptious poppy seed muffin.

We read The Royal Gazette. What a thrill to see all 3 of our names listed in the paper:


During breakfast we were chatting about our dear friend Herb Simmons who introduced us to Bermuda many years ago.

I was literally drawn by the Divine to look out the window. I noticed the fog coming off of the ocean and then looked to see the sun. I gasped when my gaze went to a rainbow that suddenly appeared!


I started crying knowing that it was a sign for our weekend. I felt Herb blessing us as he often had in life and I felt that despite my pre-race jitters and concerns about some hip and back pain I was experiencing we were all going to have a great time in Bermuda and a wonderful day on race day.

We went back to the beach to relax before number pick up. I meditated on the waves. There was a powerful surf with a strong undertow. Just as the waves make everything new, I was washing away the old program of my life replacing it with confidence in my mind, body and soul that I could and would go the distance on the roads and in my life. Ruth Anne and I went for another walk on the beach and I felt this incredible lightness of being as we walked along the sand. I felt upheld by a power far greater than any of the circumstances of my past that could easily limit me in my present.



From our room, we could see Gibbs Lighthouse in the distance. I took that as another sign of my journey of healing and transformation and how the light from the Divine beckoned Team McManus to the light of Love and complete healing of mind, body and soul.

We decided that rather than stay in Hamilton after bib pick up and watch the Front Street Mile that we would go to Miles Market, get our provisions for race day, and come back to the hotel for dinner. We'd be able to spend the entire day Saturday at the hotel and get ourselves ready for our big day.

After the beach, we went to the pool to stretch out in the water and relax. After a quick shower we hopped the shuttle to bib pick up at the Hamilton Princess Hotel:


As Ruth Anne, Tom and I walked through Miles Market, Ruth Anne and I reminisced about when we would come to Bermuda in December and about the friends we had made at The Rosedon Hotel who would come every year to celebrate the New Year. With our purchases of fruit, granola and bagels (just in case something happened with room service on race day) in hand, we took a taxi back to the hotel.

We wanted to switch up our dining experience and went to Mediterra. What service and what scrumptious seafood:


We sat on the balcony enjoying the Bermuda breeze and did our meditation as we counted down to one more day before we ran Bermuda.

To be continued...

To going the distance with strength and courage!
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Proud to be a part of Friends of Blue Diamond Athletic Displays, Inc.

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):



No comments:

Post a Comment