Thursday, October 1, 2015

Find Your Treasure and Claim Your Essence




This morning on Facebook, Ryan Means, my dear friend and chiropractor who helped me out of the abyss where I stumbled to get back on my healing path posted this on Facebook:

Facebook needs a quantum field check-in - cause you're here with me. This is part of a beautiful exhibit titled "Humility and Majesty" at the Sichuan Museum.




I know what he meant. I felt the same way about him at last week's Boston Magazine's Best of Boston Chinese Edition Launch.

I was able to claim my essence through my poetry. It had been buried under the rubble and ravages of paralytic polio and trauma but it was always there! And now, every day in every way my essence shines brighter and brighter as we slough off the roughness of the past through the power of positive touch and polish the beautiful diamond that is uniquely me.

For decades I was terrified to go into that cave of my past. Memories would surface and emotions would erupt but until Dr. Ryan, there was no one there to facilitate the healing of those memories in my body and in my heart and no one to give me the tools I needed to heal.

My poetry takes on even more meaning as I re-read the poems in "Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life" (available on Amazon). I imagined my healing and since meeting Dr. Ryan, we are bringing that healing into physical manifestation!



Here are two selections for you to enjoy:

"Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them." -Marcus Aurelius

Born to Run

Born free
born to run
run free
unencumbered untethered unshackled
pouring energy into my running form
liquid gold once fired in the crucible
now my treasure born of my Spirit molded with alchemy
refining
my precious treasure once buried
the map safely tucked away
X marks the spot
a new starting line.

Poised and ready
to go the distance
all out without hesitation
all is healed at last
my pace swift
Mercury and Hermes pace me on winged feet
I AM
born to run
running free
joyfully crossing the finish line with ease.


Foot Strike

Each strike struck a chord of fear
helplessness
terror.
How would I ever reclaim my life?
Holding onto hope
waiting for the day
when memories would no longer weigh heavy
free to run my own race.
Stomping in anger
striking back
shadow boxing with the thief
who stole away childhood innocence
a no win.
Each foot strike ignites my soul
fired up to run my best race
taking the lead
breaking finisher’s tape

today I won my race.

"We can either watch life from the sidelines, or actively participate. Either we let self-doubt and feelings of inadequacy prevent us from realizing our potential, or embrace the fact that when we turn our attention away from ourselves, our potential is limitless." ~Christopher Reeve

"Our running shoes are really erasers. Every step erases some past failure. Every mile brings us closer to a clean slate. Each foot strike rubs away a word, a look, or an event which led us to believe that success was beyond our grasp." ~John Bingham


Have courage and go where you must to find your treasure and claim your essence.







No comments:

Post a Comment