Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Celebrating National Poetry Month: Creating the Masterpiece of My Life



Victor Frankl was a survivor of the Holocaust. Through his experience in the Concentration Camps, he garnered a lot of wisdom about our capacity to survive the most horrific circumstances. He developed an existential approach to psychiatry and his work has greatly influenced my recovery from severe childhood trauma.

While we have no control over the circumstances in our lives, we do have control over how we respond to them.


The diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome in December of 2006 served as a wake up call to me; that I needed to pay attention to what my body was telling me and how my soul cried out for healing. I was so blessed to discover the gift of poetry in my soul. My pen became my divining rod for healing.

As I wrote poetry releasing me from the bonds and bondage of my past, my body began to heal. As I wrote poems about gratitude and forgiveness my heart healed and as I fired up the power of my imagination, my Spirit soared.

As I wrote poetry I created the masterpiece of my life by being connected to the Master Artist of all.

The Art of Being Present from "Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life":

Each moment is a blank canvas
smudges and splotches only in mind's eye
raindrops from the heart
wash away the past.
Each moment is an opportunity
overflowing with possibility.

How shall I paint this moment?

My portrait once a still life
now
in stillness
life force leaps

dancer
lover of life
a geyser of joy
a river of happiness
gratitude flows
fragrant flowers sweetness
strong roots
lit with softness of sun's tender embrace
back from the edge
the ledge between life and death
creating the masterpiece of my life
one breath at a time.


To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Proud to be a part of Friends of Blue Diamond Athletic Displays, Inc. Be sure to visit us at Booth 758 during Boston Marathon Weekend.

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):





No comments:

Post a Comment