Monday, April 2, 2018

Celebrating National Poetry Month: Feel the Heal - A Date With Destiny



From the Introduction of Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life:

In December of 2006, my mind, body and soul were crying out for healing. I was diagnosed with Post-Polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease as Western medicine defines it. It was my wake up call to find a path for healing. In February of 2007, I discovered the healing power of writing poetry. I foreshadowed my 2009 Boston Marathon run while using a cane, a leg brace and at times a wheelchair for mobility with the first poem that I wrote called, "Running the Race."

I call my pen my divining rod for healing. This anthology is a collection of poems old and new that inspire my healing mind, body and Spirit from childhood paralytic polio and sexual, physical and emotional abuse from the time I was 8 years old until my dad’s suicide when I was 17 years old.

I have learned that when we bypass our analytical minds and are able to see beyond appearances, magic and miracles happen. I’ve been blessed to find my way to people who believe in me and who provide me with the unconditional love and support that stimulates the body to heal.

My hope and intention is that as you read these poems, you too will feel the heal, experience the possibility and be inspired to open your heart to a world beyond what we see and know.


I harnessed the power of my mind through the power of my pen and just look at what I was able to create!

I transformed from a survivor of paralytic polio and trauma to a runner. I created health, wholeness and well being in my mind, body and soul and continue to use the power of my pen, the art of visualization harnessing the power of my imagination to continue to heal and create my life.

A Date With Destiny

Don’t wait til you die to let your soul fly free
please listen and hear what happened to me.
My body was broken every imaginable place
yet to the world always a smile on my face.
My soul trapped inside feeling it was broken too
God brought me out of darkness my light I shine on you.
She showed me the way through people I met
it took awhile a message hard to get.

The kingdom of heaven is right inside me
take the leap of faith fulfill destiny.
While I did my soul work and let my soul fly free
my body transformed changes did I see.
My head now aligned the tremor no more
my body aligned such strength in my core.
When once head detached from my heart and my soul
they all work together amazingly whole.
The rules that I live by are my rules alone
I found strength and courage the past now has flown.

I followed my heart to create myself anew
to feel simply Divine despite all I’ve lived through.
Take the leap of faith into grace I can fall
but I’m floating on air answering God’s call
Don’t wait til you die to let your soul fly free
there’s no reason to live a life in misery.
Follow your passions and I will tell you this
the body falls away healed when you follow your bliss.


To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Proud to be a part of Friends of Blue Diamond Athletic Displays, Inc. Be sure to visit us at Booth 758 during Boston Marathon Weekend.

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):






No comments:

Post a Comment