Thursday, July 13, 2017

Run Bermuda! Run Happy! Training for a Threepeat ....Changing Things Up a Bit!



It is hard to change...even when we instinctively know it's time for a change, it's still hard. Dr. Joe Dispenza explains it well in the above image.

It was a gradual awareness that I came to the realization it was time for me to leave Wave Health and Fitness, Jeffrey Spratt and Spratt Muscular Therapies.



I began to dip a toe in the water and tentatively "cross the river of change", a phrase from Dr. Joe. I remembered how, in one of his talks, he talks about the sense of discomfort that accompanies change. There would be waves of discomfort and asking myself if I was making the right choice; had I evaluated the need for change with a proper perspective or was there something else going on. Every time, the Universe would send me signs of affirmation that oh yes, indeed, it was time for change.

I was blessed to have Tom and Ruth Anne support me and help me problem solve about the best way to mindfully and carefully remove myself from my role and connection to Spratt Muscular Therapies and to set the wheels in motion to find new partners on my health and wellness journey. I talked with my dear healer chiropractor, Dr. Ryan during his recent visit to the states from China. With his compassionate blue eyes and strong presence, my path became clear.

As things fell into place with ease, I knew that I needed to keep moving forward.

There were moments when I would question and the Universe would continue to give me signs that it was time for a change!

I kept reminding myself that the Universe would provide everything I need as I navigate the waters of transition.
Wednesday was my first cross training swim workout at our new health club Boston Sports Club. It was a much larger pool than the one at Wave Health and Fitness and on my first lap I thought I wasn't going to make a full lap. Well actually my thought was that I was going to die in the middle of the pool. I persevered as I felt the burning in my lungs and the stamina and strength building in my body. The energy of Boston Sports Club is vibrant. There's an intensity and a dedication to working out and training. I could feel myself increasing the intensity and dedication of my workout in the pool with a renewed focus as I get ready for my third consecutive Bermuda Half Marathon.

Last Sunday Team McManus went to the Newton location of Boston Sports Club and we had a similar experience cross training on the Arc Trainer and Bike; once I pushed through my fear of seeing the parking lot filled with cars and wondering if the equipment we needed would be available. There was one Arc Trainer and two Elliptical machines available. Tom and Ruth Anne worked out on the Elliptical and thoroughly enjoyed and embraced the new cross training experience.

It's uncomfortable to leave what's familiar and known but as we all know:


I'll be partnering with a chiropractor right in Copley Square near Boston Sports Club. I love how she appeared in my life and we decided that less is more; I need to take a break from massage therapy for now. I realized that all healing comes from within and she is the perfect partner for me now to go the distance in healing the effects from trauma and polio with a gentle approach to helping the body heal through chiropractic medicine.

I know that all healing comes from within me harnessing the power of Divine Intelligence and the practitioner I choose to partner with can help me to facilitate the creation of my new body free from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma.


I am grateful for the ease of the transition and the gifts that Dr. Lizzie brings to the table and for the wonderful customer service we received at Boston Sports Club.

Changing things up a bit can be scary but once I crossed the river of change with fear at my back, I can feel the magic happening. I'm ready to go the distance in my healing journey, in my life and on the road to the Bermuda Half Marathon!

Go the distance with strength and courage!
~Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):





No comments:

Post a Comment