Monday, July 17, 2017

Run Bermuda! Run Happy! On Signs, Synchronicity and Magic



Since Ruth Anne has joined us to train for the Bermuda Half Marathon in January there have been signs, synchronicity and magic!

We reconnected with a few members of the Sea and Surf Anglers Club of Boston, the fishing club that fished in International Goodwill Tournaments in Bermuda. Herb Simmons, one of my veterans introduced us to that beautiful magical Island of Bermuda.

We've been finding money as we had when we trained for the 2009 Boston Marathon.

We experienced magic and signs on last Saturday's training run.

And something magical has happened within me....

As part of Ruth Anne's healing, we listen to Dr. Joe Dispenza's Rest and Renew meditation every night ....

My beloved friend, healer and chiropractor, Dr. Ryan, who now lives and practices in China, who I saw shortly after a serious knee injury in December of 2014, turned me onto Dr. Joe's work. His book, "You Are the Placebo" fired up the rewiring of my neural net; a process I began through writing poetry shortly after the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease by Western Medicine standards in December of 2006.

While I am grateful for the work I did while partnering with Jeffrey Spratt, a muscular therapist, I realized that it was time to leave both the business and therapeutic relationship with Jeffrey as I wrote about in my blog, "Run Bermuda! Run Happy! Training for a Threepeat: Changing Things Up a Bit."

One of the things that kept me bound to that relationship was a lack of confidence in my ability to train and continue to heal harnessing the power of Divine Intelligence within me. But with signs, synchronicity and magic to lead the way I know that I have everything I need to train on the road to Bermuda Marathon Weekend and am open to the magic and wonder of the Universe.

I have the page from Dr. Joe's book that Dr. Ryan sent to me on my refrigerator before I received my copy of the book:


On Dr. Joe's website he has the motto, "Change from the inside out!" I have read and devoured Dr. Candace Pert's book, "Everything you need to know to feel Go(o)d" and will continue to harness the power of the Divine and the alchemy that's created by our thoughts and intentions.

This morning one of my runner friends posted this on Facebook:



The other day I saw this quote on Facebook:


It takes incredible courage to trust in the mystery, to trust in my ability to continue to heal from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma, to change course when something is no longer serving me and to pay attention to the signs and synchronicity along the way. That my friends is where the magic happens!

Go the distance with strength and courage!
~Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):








No comments:

Post a Comment