Monday, September 14, 2015

What's In A Name? From Journey Well to Going the Distance



The phrase journey well was coined the weekend before the 1st anniversary of 4/15/13 by a massage therapist I was seeing at the time. The phrase resonated deep in my soul at the time and served me well this past year and a half. Everything changes - everything should change otherwise we find ourselves in a state of stagnation. We need momentum in our lives. We need to move forward. During my meditation this morning I realized that I needed to change the name of my Facebook page and the title of my blog to Going the Distance. I changed my profile and my bio on social media.

I've known challenges since I was five years old beginning with contracting paralytic polio and then enduring nine years of violence at the hands of family members. But those early challenges helped me to grow into the woman that I am today. Paralytic polio and trauma made me stronger. In 2007 after receiving the diagnosis of post polio syndrome, a "progressive neuromuscular disease" by Western Medicine standards, I took a leap of faith leaving my award winning almost 20 year career as a social worker at the Department of Veterans Affairs to heal my life. I landed right smack in the middle of the glorious life I lead today.

We can go the distance whatever the challenge and whatever the goal.

It's a great ride! Come with .....




No comments:

Post a Comment