Sunday, September 20, 2015

Going the Distance: You'll Never Run Alone!



I remember watching the end of the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy Telethon back in the day. He'd close every telethon with "You'll Never Walk Alone." It was always a box of tissues kind of moment.



The song was especially powerful for me given that I had contracted paralytic polio at age 5 and had to learn how to walk again first with the support of a leg brace and then without.

What a magnificent journey and what a privilege to be able to work with the Source of Divine Intelligence within me to experience total healing of mind, body and Spirit after contracting paralytic polio and experiencing 9 years of unrelenting assaults against mind, body and Spirit. I never did walk alone. My guardian angel or angels were always with me to protect me and help me through the storms.

Writing poetry ignited this Source within me after I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome now 9 years ago. (I can hardly believe it). Spirit spoke through my pen, my divining rod of healing and lit the way of my healing path.

Spirit led me to Dr. Ryan Means, a chiropractor who reminded me about the Source and Power of Divine Intelligence within me that we would harness to get me back to running again. Ryan harnessed that Source as he did chiropractic adjustments and taped my knee unleashing the power within me to heal.

Despite the heat during yesterday's 8 mile run, I felt amazing. After mile 6 I found myself experiencing the zone. That place where you are running seemingly effortlessly having something else take over. The best way to describe it is it's the absolute opposite of hitting the wall.

Tom and I were chatting about the momentum I now have in my life on and off of the roads. I pointed out to him that it all started when I met Ryan; he said that this is the culmination of 9 years of incredibly hard work, dedication and discipline to healing and moving beyond the past.

There's really no logical reason for me to be training for the Bermuda Half Marathon in January but fortunately I don't listen to logic. I listen to my heart and the sound of my quickened heart rate as I train. I love feeling Spirit's energy pulse through me healing all that went before. It's counter intuitive I know but running heals my knee injury. It's a time when, as I connect with Spirit, I invite Her to heal the parts of me that were once brutalized and feel the pain of the past wash away.

I love the feeling after a long run:



and I confidently rest in the awareness that I never run alone!








No comments:

Post a Comment