Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Running Chronicles: Nothing Can Stop Me Now!

During my meditation on Sunday I was starting to feel a little anxious about these next miles on my healing odyssey. What if's and doubts started to surface. I told myself, "You are a runner. Everything is healed. Everything is rewired. The more you do, the more your body will respond to the messages of confidence and strength and will do everything it needs to do to get stronger. Here is your schedule: Run long...strength train ... swim and strength train in the pool ... run short for speed and hills ... strength train. Recover for two days.

And then this song came into my thoughts:


Nothing CAN stop me now as long as I keep my thoughts focused on health, well-being and fully embracing and embodying myself as an endurance runner; feeling the incredible power in partnering with the Divine Mind within me to clear the energy from the past, sticking to my plan knowing my body can rise to the occasion.

I knew that Tom and I needed to tweak our strength training plan as we increased miles. I wanted to do it from a place of well strength and not fear.

On Sunday, we turned to our dear friend and Coach Reno Stirrat's website Distance Running Tips. I had instinctively ordered ankle weights to decrease repetitions and maximize strengthening those all important quad muscles and hip flexors. Tom and I reviewed the videos that Reno has posted on his website and got to work.

It was so funny to see how I had a moment's pause before doing straight leg lifts on the floor with an ankle weight. I smiled and reminded myself that my mind and body need to work together for me to go the distance this time and finally cross the river of change as Dr. Joe Dispenza calls it in "You Are the Placebo."

And you know what? This time I am going the distance. I have everything in place mind, body and Spirit and will be vigilant when thoughts and feelings express doubts and fears and replace them with knowing and believing in every fiber of my Being that this time, total healing is mine to claim. I've worked hard for it. I deserve it. It is my birthright and the Universe has blessed me with everything I need. I am surrounded by a village of believers who know as I know that nothing can stop me now!

Get you gone, you sky of grey!
Farewell, you furrowed brow!
Now my future's crystal clear!
No more woe for me to fear!
I'm gonna stand this world upon its ear -
And I'll succeed somehow!

I'll walk a million miles
For life's full of smiles.
Nothing can stop me now!




I chronicle the first 7 years of my healing journey after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease as a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and 9 years of childhood domestic violence in Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility.


"Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems," my latest collection of inspirational poetry is now available soon on Amazon




No comments:

Post a Comment