Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dare to Dream: A Wellspring of Joy



As I am putting together poems for my "Feel the Heal:An Anthology of Poems Old and New," it is amazing to see how my heart and soul's desire for health and wholeness spoke through the divining rod of my pen despite outward appearances of being in a leg brace, using a wheelchair at times for mobility and being told that I was going to experience a decline in functioning. I could have believed what they told me. I could have believed that my body was destined for muscle atrophy and weakness; that I needed to adapt my Cape house or move into a Ranch. I could have gone for the sleep apnea study and gotten a C-pap machine to use at night to keep my body oxygenated. I did agree to a toe up leg brace and using a wheelchair initially to figure out what I needed to do to get myself out of the predicament I had gotten myself into (said with a lot of love and compassion). They were right about me needing to quit my job only I reframed it from quitting my job to try to stabilize symptoms where they were to quitting my job to heal my life.

I came across the last poem in "Set Sail for a New World: Healing a Life Through the Gift of Poetry"


and will include it in "Feel the Heal":

Dare to Dream

Step out of all the muck and mire
Dare to set my soul on fire.
Dare to live and feel my dream
Forget what is or what may seem.
Pull the impossible out of thin air
Of God's inheritance I claim my share.
To dare to shout and spread the word
To dare to share what I have heard.
To live in Love and Faith and Trust
To love myself – that is a must.
Dare to live a passionate life
To easily maneuver through any strife.
To hold my dream close to my heart
And live with God one from the start.
Not slave and master but equals be
To live a life in harmony.
To dare to dream a life of peace
And know that wars can all now cease.
Disease no more but health now reigns
And Love erases all life's pains.
Living in love and loving in life is my heart's one desire
Dare to dream and live this dream to snuff out the funeral pyre.


During this morning's meditation, as I was reflecting on this incredible voyage of healing, I felt a wellspring of joy leap from my soul and bathe all the cells of my body. I felt happiness and gratitude for situations that were challenging seeing them with only positive outcomes. I felt the healing happening throughout my body and felt renewed confidence in my body and heart's ability to recover with more ease despite whatever challenges I choose to take on or life presents to me.

I allowed myself to enter that delicious void where mystery and magic and mysticism happen and all stress melts away. The Love of the Divine takes over and I feel connected to the Source of my Life the Source of All Life.

How amazing that back in 2008, I had a vision and put out this powerful intention for myself and the world.

I continue to manifest healing in my life and my fervent prayer is that my healing brings a vibration of love and harmony to the world; to all those in need of healing and a sense of celebration and joy with those who are fellow light travelers.

So throw off the bowlines and leave safe harbor. Dare to dream and feel that wellspring of joy bathe you with light and love. Set sail for a new world of infinite possibilities and adventure.

You will be so glad you did!

Cheers! To Life! Love yourself well!



I chronicle the first 7 years of my healing journey after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease as a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and 9 years of childhood domestic violence in Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility.


In Journey Well, the journey continues in the wake of my nephew's suicide on 3/4/11 and the events of 4/15/13. Through my journey of healing and transformation, we learn that no matter what life circumstances happen to us, we can always find a way to journey well.


Be on the lookout for "Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems," available soon on Amazon


I am writing "Going the Distance," chronicling this miraculous phase of my healing journey on the road to the Bermuda Half and the Newport Marathon 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment