Sunday, December 20, 2015

Gratitude



From Deepak Chopra, MD
:

If you want more happiness, joy, and energy, gratitude is clearly a crucial quality to cultivate. It is a fullness of heart that moves us from limitation and fear to expansion and love. When we’re appreciating something, our ego moves out of the way and we connect with our soul. Gratitude brings our attention into the present, which is the only place where miracles can unfold. The deeper our appreciation, the more we see with the eyes of the soul and the more our life flows in harmony with the creative power of the universe.


There are studies about the physical and emotional benefits of keeping a gratitude journal including healing GI issues and boosting the immune system.

Dr. Joe Dispenza
calls gratitude, the ultimate state of receivership.

Gratitude is being thankful for what we have - and that means the challenges!

Yes I have suffered and there are still situations that are quite challenging in my life however I choose to maintain a practice of gratitude being thankful for the blessings that are wrapped inside the challenges and focusing on all the grace, love and goodness that fills my life.

I know I would not be the woman I am today had I not lived through the experiences of contracting paralytic polio and 9 years of childhood domestic violence and all the challenges I faced and continue to face.

How wondrous and how wonderful that in the midst of grief, in the midst of the bittersweet emotions of the holiday season, I can meditate and get into a state of feeling gratitude overflow and fill every cell of my Being with happiness and joy.

I allow joy and gratitude to flow like champagne allowing happiness and contentment to bubble up inside of me. That wellspring of joy feeds my very essence and in its wake, creativity, inspiration and healing flow.

While it is easy to look at what others "have" and feel that we do not "have enough," it is just as easy to focus on gratitude and experience the wonder, magic and blessings of our lives observing how the alchemy of gratitude turns what we have into enough and so much more...I make it a point to express my gratitude to the people in my life and for my healing in every blog post. I love how my heart opens like a flower when I reflect on how blessed I am.

What are you grateful for?




No comments:

Post a Comment