Sunday, December 27, 2015

Countdown to Bermuda: Watch me now! - Three Weeks From Today




Three weeks from today at this exact moment I will be sitting around the pool at the Rosedon Hotel wearing my bling (which begs the question does bling go with a bathing suit?) after having successfully run the Bermuda Half Marathon.



It's been 6 long years since I have gone the distance.

I have had to raise my voice above the nay sayers in my life since I was a little girl. I had to overcome the challenge of paralytic polio and then find a way to endure and survive 9 years of childhood violence. After being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease 9 years ago this month, I came out of my leg brace, rose from my wheelchair and went on to run the 2009 Boston Marathon.

It was a rocky road as I was finding my footing on my healing path. And then I met Ryan J. Means, DC who invited me um no it was stronger than that - who told me I MUST read "You Are the Placebo" by Dr. Joe Dispenza.

Yes - I remember all of this! I know I am the placebo. I've healed so much in my life through thought alone. I've got this.

The doctor, PT's and my previous massage therapist said I couldn't run/shouldn't run anymore and if I did well cap it off at a 5K or at most 5 miles.

The hay is in the barn! 12.5 miles in the books and now it's maintain and taper time.

I sit here smiling from ear to ear feeling goosebumps everywhere! It's all happening. It's all possible. With courage, strength of Spirit and resilience I came back from a knee injury last December side stepping the mainstream medical community to find my path.

There were so many people out there throughout my life who told me I can't...and to each and every one of them I say, "Watch me now."

No comments:

Post a Comment