Sunday, March 11, 2018

A Fire in my Belly



I was planning to take it easy on the bike yesterday. I'd been pushing myself hard these past several weeks in my cross training since I'm not running right now as I continue to recover from my triumphant Bermuda Half Marathon 2018. I thought it might make sense to do a relatively easy ride.

But then something happened to me as I looked at the dashboard on the stationary bike at Boston Sports Club in Newton. I felt a fire in my belly and pushed my pace.

I was amazed at my progress in reducing my time for 6 miles from 2/26 to yesterday:


I ended up going farther than I had last Sunday in the same amount of time:


I poured sweat and was focused on how I felt in my body unifying mind, body and soul to go the distance.

Even though I am on a hiatus from running and racing, the competitor is still very much alive within me.



It is quite remarkable to me to realize that 11 years ago I was diagnosed with Post-Polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease and that 3 years ago I was told that I'd need a total knee replacement by now after a serious knee injury.

It must be that fire in my belly and that determination in my soul that keeps me going the distance in my health and wellness journey leaving the effects of paralytic polio and trauma in the rear view mirror.

To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Proud to be a part of Friends of Blue Diamond Athletic Displays, Inc. Be sure to visit us at Booth 758 during Boston Marathon Weekend.

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):


No comments:

Post a Comment