Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A New Tag Line: Cheers! To Life! Love Yourself Well!

In this phase of my healing journey, I know in every fiber of my Being that I can heal everything that happened to me. I can wipe the slate clean through mindfulness and meditation, my workouts and runs and continuing to write poetry and reading books, watching videos that support my belief and creation of new habits.

I once had tremors; a result of paralytic polio and violence but now they are healing. I have more and more moments of strength, confidence and stillness. I embody myself as strong and confident and ask my body to do what it needs to do to create the changes that reflect my new inner world. I do not look in the mirror and say - oh they are still there or if I notice a hand tremor say nope it's still there. Instead I know the tremors are healed and add, "Dear Body, please do whatever it is you need to do to heal the tremors completely." We all have a tendency to "test" results to see to believe. But in fact believing is what creates the fact!



Because of the tremors, it was a challenge for me to raise a glass and say cheers. But no more! The left hand can do so with ease and my right hand needs a little more time and practice and patience because I had open shoulder surgery on my right shoulder and had lost use of my right arm for 6 months back in the 80's. I talk to my right arm and hand with the tender love that a mother has for her child encouraging steadiness, calm, strength and letting myself know that there is nothing more to shake about or fear. I am safe - cheers to that!

To Life - There's a wonderful song from Fiddler on the Roof L'Chaim - to life that has stayed with me ever since I went to see Fiddler for my 13th birthday.



Listen closely to the lyrics:

Here's to prosperity, our good health and happiness and most importantly - to life!
L'chaim, l'chaim, to life.
Life has a way of confusing us,
Blessing and bruising us.
Drink, l'chaim, to life!
God would like us to be joyful,
Even when our hearts lie panting on the floor.
But how much more can we be joyful
When there's really something to be joyful for?

To us and our good fortune.
Be happy! Be healthy! Long life!
And if our good fortune never comes,
Here's to whatever comes.
Drink l'chaim, to life!


What is better than to toast this amazing precious gift of life we share!

During yesterday's morning meditation, I realized that the word Love is part of the word Evolve. We need Love in order to Evolve.


Did you know that love is a four letter word? And it has incredible healing power ... “I am convinced that unconditional love is the most powerful known stimulant of the immune system. If I told patients to raise their blood levels of immune globulins or killer T cells, no one would know how. But if I can teach them to love themselves and others fully, the same changes happen automatically. The truth is: love heals.” ~Bernie Siegel

So you can love yourself - well and you can love yourself well!
Love Is A Four Letter Word

Love is a four letter word
I swear by its healing power
as it pulses and courses through the river of my veins
unstoppable
watering everything in its wake
the garden of my soul.

Love is a four letter word
I bear witness
bare my soul
a breath of fresh air when love
enters a room
love ignites
delights
purges the past
forges the present
a force to be reckoned with
reconciles
unveiling
revealing.

Truth is
I am love
only love
pure and innocent
from Love
Perfection.

Love is a four letter word
the bridge
heaven on earth
all the elements I need to heal
living life as only I can
grateful to be a love.


So we have gone from Journey Well to Cheers! To Life! Love Yourself Well!

A new tag line for this next phase of my healing journey and to send out intentions to all to celebrate life, and experience the healing power of love. May we all love ourselves well for when we are able to love ourselves well, we are able to bring that delicious love into the world and soar!



Cheers! To Life! Love Yourself Well!

I chronicle the first 7 years of my healing journey after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease as a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and 9 years of childhood domestic violence in Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility.


I am working on my new book, Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems which brings together my best poems of the last 8 years and will include my latest poems as I continue to feel the heal and move forward in my life.







No comments:

Post a Comment