Friday, June 9, 2017

Run Bermuda! Run Happy! Hakuna Matata - No Worries!



These 2 words will solve all your problems.....

Last night I was looking for an evening post to share on Facebook. Our daughter started singing Hakuna Matata! No worries for the rest of your days...it's our problem free philosophy ....

What a perfect way to end the day and incorporate this philosophy into our training for the Bermuda Marathon Weekend in January.

The last time Team McManus as a trio of runners trained for a distance race, we trained for the 2009 Boston Marathon.


We know we can train together and go the distance. We need to find our rhythm and pacing again for long runs but the Michael Aselton 5K in Hyannis is a great predictor of our success:


As is true with any endurance event undertaking, there is trepidation, fears and doubts especially for me. I've never run three CONSECUTIVE half marathons. Right now, as we are poised and ready to slowly begin to increase miles in a few weeks, we are adopting Hakuna Matata as our motto.

It fits nicely with a favorite Bermudian phrase, "Not a problem!"

As I watched the YouTube video, I am reminded that the Universe always provides - especially when we release our worries and fears.



We are staying at the Fairmount Southampton Princess Hotel, the Race Weekend Host Hotel on the South Shore. In the past two years, we walked to the starting line from our Hotel in Hamilton. I remind myself that everything we need will be provided for and we will be able to have our breakfast and get to the starting line with ease.

No worries!

I have been training myself to heal from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma for these past 10 years harnessing the power of my mind through visualization, meditation and writing inspirational poetry. Since reading "You Are the Placebo," by Dr. Joe Dispenza and witnessing the transformation and healing in my own body, I know I can continue to go the distance. Whenever I feel phantom pains from polio or trauma, I look in the mirror and see how a wound that hadn't healed on my nose in years is now barely a scar.

No worries!

Tomorrow 5 miles is on tap for Team McManus on the road to the Bermuda Marathon!

We have one more song to add to our playlist - Hakuna Matata - no worries!

To going the distance with strength and courage!
~Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):








No comments:

Post a Comment