Thursday, September 25, 2014

Building Permit - Update on This Old House



During this morning's meditation, the image of a Building Permit came to mind. I thought about the guided imagery I'd been using for the past 7+ years of rewiring my system and enlisting the help of God as my master electrician on my healing journey. I used this imagery as recently as last week. During my weekly massage treatment at Sollievo Massage and Bodywork, I experienced a carefully placed touch as being a circuit breaker for fear and a conduit to help energy flow as I shared in my post, This Old House.

I realized that using the metaphor of electricity for energy flowing through me carried images of electric shock, short circuits and needing to break through walls in order to get at the wiring. It was not a very loving, kind, gentle and compassionate metaphor and one that unknowingly reinforced the images of violence. Yet it was one that served me well and was work that needed to happen to help me arrive here now.

Fortunately, our hot water heater broke and then we had no heat and one of our toilets kept flushing which provided me with new imagery for healing. We are so fortunate to have found Boston Standard Plumbing. They have been our plumbers of choice for over a year now. They work quickly and easily, diagnosing the problem and finding the least invasive most economical solution to ensure that we have heat and hot water flowing and that the toilet doesn't keep running. (As an aside, we wrote reviews on Yelp and Google+ if you'd like to check them out).

My life force; the energy flowing through me is the river of life. It's water. In fact, our bodies are composed of what 90% water?

Rather than needing to repair faulty wiring, I need to explore where there are clogs in my plumbing. There are clogs from scar tissue, from violence, from surgeries and paralytic polio. With the late effects of paralytic polio, I can have difficulty maintaining homeostasis with my body temperature. The change in seasons challenge my thermostat. Tomorrow, our old house will be getting a new thermostat. This will help to provide me with more imagery to use to promote homeostasis in my body. When our toilet kept running, our plumber, Mike, showed me the warped part of the toilet that was causing the problem. It didn't allow the flush cycle to successfully complete itself. When my system gets into a state of overdrive, manifesting in tremors, I can trust that the cycle will complete itself and I will return to a state of tranquility and peace. It's often times a result of my system needing to flush out toxins or can be related to a clog in the system where the water is unable to flow smoothly.

And now back to the Building Permit. I need to give myself permission to heal. This means overriding the powerful messages I received trying to convince me that I deserved what was being done to me. Fortunately, I am aware of the Truth, and have a wonderful team of "contractors" to work with me to help me heal. I need to allow myself the time, compassion and patience to heal while also remembering how blessed I am to have so much in good working order.


The first 7 years of my healing odyssey are chronicled in Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility available on Amazon. I donate 50% of royalty payments to The One Fund Boston to help survivors and their families who were affected by the tragic events of 4/15/13.



I'm working on my 2nd book, "Journey Well," due out later this year:







No comments:

Post a Comment