Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Celebrating Healing: On Courage and Synchronicity



After recovering from the shock and fear of the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome, and as a whole new world unfolded before me, I knew that I was going to inspire others with a message of healing, hope and possibility.

I've been on many radio talk shows, done YouTube videos, been interviewed on Channel 7 News and by Phil Lipof, Boston News Anchor after the Bill Rodgers 5K to benefit Prostate Cancer.

I was blessed to have my story accepted for David Hamilton, Ph.D.'s Tenth Anniversary Edition of "How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body."



I listened to David's companion radio show on Hay House Radio UK.

I felt a stirring in my soul to ask him to be a guest on his show. He had read a story from the book on air and I thought wouldn't it be awesome to chat with one of the people whose story he shared in the book?

And then a most unusual thing happened ... I got cold feet.

Old feelings of unworthiness crept in...I mean after all this is Hay House Radio we are talking about and well yes my story was in the book but this would be a really big deal for me. Not me as in me personally but a wonderful venue to touch the lives of others with my story hearing it in my own voice.

I let it go...

David did a Facebook Live on feelings and vulnerability. He shared a story from his book, I <3 Me: The Science of Self-Love about his own journey to self love and feeling empowered and worthy to be his authentic self sharing his wisdom. He was waiting to go on stage at a Hay House Event and experienced a panic attack. He had this overwhelming sense of unworthiness to be among the Hay House thought leaders such as Wayne Dyer. It led him to an exploration of why he felt that way and most important, how to heal those feelings and shift into a state of self-love and compassion.

Right after I heard the Facebook Live talk, I emailed David.

He was delighted to have me be a guest on his show.

We had a wonderful conversation although I must confess I had to push through my nerves. I was star struck talking with David although deep down inside I know that I too am a star for all I have overcome in my life. He was gracious, kind and his passion about my journey healing the effects of paralytic polio and childhood trauma was infectious.

I had a notification on my Author Page on Facebook for both a post on my page and a message.

It was from a woman in London who is struggling with symptoms of Post Polio Syndrome. She heard me on David's show and wanted to learn more about my journey. We became fast friends across the Pond. She is taking the first steps on her healing journey and "just happened" to find David's work. What were the chances?

We've been messaging back and forth and she is going to see David at one of his talks in London. She connected with David on Facebook. She called me her earth angel delivering a message of hope!

If I would not have mustered the courage to reach out to David after receiving the nudge from the Universe via Facebook Live, this woman (and who knows who else) would not have had the opportunity to receive my message of healing, hope and possibility.

It's vital to be able to get over ourselves and live our highest purpose! The Universe will orchestrate the rest of the symphony.

To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours
Mary

My healing journey using the power of visualization is featured in David R. Hamilton's book, "How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body-Anniversary Edition." It's available on Amazon.


Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):


***Coming Soon - The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953***
The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953 takes you on Mary McManus’ healing odyssey from a wheelchair to the finish line of the 2009 Boston Marathon and beyond. After the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome in December 2006, Mary got still and asked for Divine Guidance. She harnessed the power of her mind to heal her body, feverishly writing poetry in which she imagined herself healthy, whole and free from the shackles of her youth. Mary’s quest to heal her life led her to the sport of running that tested her mettle while fueling her journey of transformation from a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and severe trauma at the hands of family members to a woman who embodies faith, grace under fire, courage, determination, endurance and resilience. Running became a way of life for Mary. As you’ll discover in “The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953” nothing, not even a serious knee injury in December of 2014 could stop her on the roads or in her life. Mary’s story is one that will leave you cheering for the underdog and discovering the meaning of different ability as Mary overcame every challenge that life presented to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment