Monday, December 3, 2018

Celebrating Ten Years of Running: 2019 Goals



In 2018 I was blessed to cross the finish line of the 2018 Bermuda Half Marathon, my third in as many years, have my journey healing the effects of polio and trauma through visualization featured in Dr. David Hamilton's book,"book, "Tenth Edition of How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body" and was a guest on his Hay House radio show. I am putting the finishing touches on "The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953" and all of the aches and pains from the rigors of training for 3 half marathons in as many years are resolved.

Twelve years ago I was diagnosed with Post Polio Syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease and told to prepare to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair. The Universe and I had other plans. It's a miracle that I live a full, vibrant and exciting life with being able to manage the effects of paralytic polio and trauma with relative ease now.

It's time to look ahead to 2019.

I redesigned my business card:


I am claiming my role as inspirational speaker and author and look forward to many opportunities to share my epic healing odyssey in 2019.

I'll be launching my book at Paper Fiesta on Mile 10 of the Boston Marathon route.

Tom and I are going to travel to Bermuda twice in 2019 and will be looking to add additional travels in the New Year. Tom will be running the Bermuda Marathon Weekend 10K. I will be a spectator and enjoy the Island without the pressure of racing. I am excited to run along the Bermuda Railway Trail which is close to Grotto Bay, our resort for this trip.

I am excited to set my sights on the racing circuit next Spring. It's going to be at the 5K distance and I've already begun working on improving my pace. Today's run was one of our fastest times in a very long while with extreme negative splits of -54" and -16". I still have a way to go before I'm back to my 15-16 minute/mile pace but I know the body achieves what the mind believes.

I am over the moon excited to be a member once again of Wave Health and Fitness where I can access state of the art cardio equipment in addition to a clean, heated pool with a skylight. I might even take a fitness class or two as part of my membership.

I will continue with my 3 times a day meditation practice and weekly chiropractic treatments.

On Christmas Day I turn 65 years young. A week later we usher in a new year.

I plan to ditch the fear, gripe and worry less, sweat more, achieve goals and who knows maybe even a slay a dragon or two. {Instead of brand new week, insert brand new year.}



As I turn the corner to the second half of the decade of my 60's, I am planning to make 2019 my best year yet!

What are your 2019 goals?

To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours
Mary

My healing journey using the power of visualization is featured in David R. Hamilton's book, "How Your Mind Can Heal Your Body-Anniversary Edition." It's available on Amazon.


Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):


***Coming Soon - The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953***
The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953 takes you on Mary McManus’ healing odyssey from a wheelchair to the finish line of the 2009 Boston Marathon and beyond. After the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome in December 2006, Mary got still and asked for Divine Guidance. She harnessed the power of her mind to heal her body, feverishly writing poetry in which she imagined herself healthy, whole and free from the shackles of her youth. Mary’s quest to heal her life led her to the sport of running that tested her mettle while fueling her journey of transformation from a survivor of childhood paralytic polio and severe trauma at the hands of family members to a woman who embodies faith, grace under fire, courage, determination, endurance and resilience. Running became a way of life for Mary. As you’ll discover in “The Adventures of Runnergirl 1953” nothing, not even a serious knee injury in December of 2014 could stop her on the roads or in her life. Mary’s story is one that will leave you cheering for the underdog and discovering the meaning of different ability as Mary overcame every challenge that life presented to her.








No comments:

Post a Comment