Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Going the Distance: "The Adventures of Runnergirl1953"



Tom and Ruth Anne have been encouraging me to write another book.


On a recent training run, the inspiration came to us that my next book needs to be a lighter look at my running career focusing on the redemptive power of running in my life. There are many back stories that need to be compiled and shared sprinkled with inspirational running quotes that have fueled my journey. In "The Adventures of Runnergirl1953," I'll briefly take you back to when I contracted paralytic polio and the champions from my youth, to the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome and becoming inspired to run the race of a lifetime - the 2009 Boston Marathon! I'll share stories from those early races and never before told stories around my Boston Marathon run.

I'll weave together running triumphs and the major setback of a serious knee injury in December of 2014 that was supposed to sideline me for the rest of my days.

And then it will be onto my running comeback of a lifetime - Bermuda Marathon Weekend followed by the Hyannis 10K, training for and completing my 2nd Bermuda Half Marathon 2017 and moving forward to Bermuda Half Marathon and Hyannis 10K 2018.

In my previous memoirs, I focused on the people and modalities that were helping me to achieve my goals. In "The Adventures of Runnergirl1953," the spotlight will be on me with the theme of the power of the Spirit and what happens when we harness ourselves to the Source of all that is!

I love writing my books in real time. Through the power of my pen, I am actually creating my future.

By taking a look back, I inspire myself with all that I've already accomplished during these past 10 years since the diagnosis of Post-Polio Syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease by Western Medicine Standards, and, because I will be chronicling our road to a threepeat of the Bermuda Half Marathon, I'm setting myself up for success while sharing the joys and struggles that accompany training for any endurance event. Writing is my therapy, my passion and my joy!

Facebook reminds me that this time last year I was writing "Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance."

It's time to begin once again with a blank page. Every finish line is a starting line.

I'm so very excited to go the distance as I write the next chapters of my life!

Go the distance with strength and courage!
~Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):

No comments:

Post a Comment