Sunday, July 31, 2016

#RunBermuda 6 Sensational Miles - Momentum!



For the first time in my 10 year healing odyssey, I have steady positive momentum in leaving behind the effects of paralytic polio and childhood violence.

Healing trauma takes incredible courage. It takes incredible courage to live through the traumatic events in the first place although we have amazing protective mechanisms that help us to survive. And then it takes raw courage to become vulnerable and face those events without those protective mechanisms. And it takes tremendous courage to believe that total healing is possible!

After meeting Dr. Ryan J. Means, a healer chiropractor, that place within me that yearned for and believed that total healing was mine to claim was reignited. I am now able to train once again for the Bermuda Marathon while continuing to cross train and strength train.

Yesterday was our first training run for the Bermuda Half Marathon.

It was a rather hot day but there was a sea breeze as we ran out and back from Carson Beach to U. Mass. Boston and then up to L Street in South Boston.



I remember how Tom and I used to imagine what it would be like to run in Bermuda as we did our training runs along the coast in Boston. During our training run yesterday we remembered that phenomenal half marathon in Bermuda. I feel greater ease in training for a half marathon this year after a year of treatment that transformed the effects of paralytic polio and violence and continues to heal the deepest wounds.

Six sensational miles deposited in the Bank of Bermuda as we build up to 12.5 miles and then taper two weeks before we leave for Bermuda in January.

After 10 years of incredibly hard work, of searching for a partner on this healing odyssey to help me reclaim my life and run unencumbered and free, it has all come into manifestation because I found that place inside of me where nothing is impossible.

To your health and wellness!
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment