Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Reunion with Dr. Ryan - Simply the Best



We were at the book release party for "Journey Well." Most people had left to watch the Patriots in the playoffs. I found myself looking deep into the blue eyes of Ryan J Means, DC.



He had been practicing at Sollievo Massage and Bodywork but was a very well kept secret there despite my sharing with the massage therapist I was working with at the time about left knee pain. When our hearts are open and intention for healing is clear (and boy did it take me awhile to believe that I was worthy of healing) the Universe sets before us all that we need.

And so I was enthralled listening to Dr. Ryan's passion about what chiropractic medicine can do beyond just cracking the spine. He reached out to me on Facebook and asked if we could have coffee. He was intrigued by my healing journey.

When we met for coffee I felt this wonderful and magical connection with him. I interviewed him for a feature on my blog to let others know that chiropractic care is not just for the spine. Little did I know that meeting Ryan for coffee would change my life forever!

After that meeting I decided that I wanted to experience chiropractic care. Things were not going so well with my massage therapist. I had fired my physical therapist and ditched the physiatrist who had taken excellent care of me when I was first diagnosed with post polio syndrome but no longer served me.

His philosophy of healing:
Don't let pain or fear of pain slow you down ~Dr. Ryan

The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease. " ~ Thomas A. Edison

Dr. Ryan Means transforms human potential into power and performance to maximize health.


He met Dr. Candace Pert while he was in training for chiropractic medicine. She was one of the teachers in What the bleep do we know and wrote the book, "Everything you need to know to feel Go(o)d." And turned me onto the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza.

He cared for me in a way I'd never been cared for by any other physician, therapist or body worker. His kindness, compassion, warmth, caring, deep intention to help me heal and get back to running reminded me mind, body and soul about the intention I set to heal my life shortly after I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome and that I would not stop until I reclaimed my life.

I remember one session when he said to me, "I have no one scheduled after you and you are going to get the royal treatment today." He did adjustments, worked on my feet, taped my leg and went over exercises that were going to help me get stronger and healthier reclaiming my wellness.



We decided that even though the MRI showed my left gastroc muscle had atrophied due to polio, we could grow a new one and so he used KT tape to help me stimulate the growth for a new gastroc muscle:


We've had so many Facebook chats throughout these past 10 months and he has been with me every step of the way as he was able to witness the blossoming of the seeds he planted as I trained for the Bermuda Half Marathon. He cheered me on every step of the way and we experienced cosmic moments together as though no distance separated us.

And now, I am 5 sleeps away from reuniting with Ryan. We will meet at the Seaport Hotel where I first learned he was leaving for China.

Dr. Ryan J. Means - a man who blesses every life he touches. A man whose birthday is one week from today and boy talk about an angel falling to Earth to bring love, light, healing and joy wherever he goes.

I am so excited for my reunion with Dr. Ryan on Monday...He got me back on my healing path and co created a miracle of healing in my life reminding me of my power to heal. He is and will always be simply the best.

To your health and wellness!
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment