Saturday, June 25, 2016

Going the Distance: Be a Hill Seeker!



Next Sunday Tom and I return to Gillette Stadium to race the Finish at the 50 5K.

What a difference a year makes!

Last year I was sending emails to Race Director Dave McGillvray scared that I would be left in the dust to get lost in Gillette Stadium.

Today Tom and I went out for our last strong run before the race. I'll strength train tomorrow, cross train in the pool at Wave Health on Monday, do cross training on the Arc Trainer and Bike on Tuesday rest on Wednesday and Thursday and go for a shake out run on Friday. Saturday is a rest day and Sunday we take once again to the ramps at Gillette Stadium to be a hill seeker.

Today's run was hot and hilly as we ran up what we affectionately call "Billy's Hill" by Boston College referring to Bill Rodgers. That hill was part of the Bill Rodgers 5K Run/Walk for Prostate Cancer when I nailed a PR:


I pushed hard knowing that I was training my legs for those pesky ramps at Gillette. It's an incredible feeling to experience the sensation of strength surging through my legs and also feeling the fatigue at the end of a hard run.



The momentum I continue to experience in my running and in my life is a blessing and a gift.

One week from tomorrow we will be a hill seeker because well quite frankly life happens on the hills.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment