Friday, February 6, 2015

Fundraising Friday: Meet Kaitlyn Greeley

It's not her first marathon, but it is her first Boston Marathon. She is running it with passion and purpose for the Liver Foundation. Meet Kaitlyn Greeley.



As many of you already know, I actually hate the idea of running but absolutely love how I feel during and after a run. Well, now two months out, I am planning on running and completing the Boston Marathon for the American Liver Foundation. While the thought of running 26.2 miles makes me want to cry, the experience of training, fundraising, and completing those 26.2 miles makes me feel incredible. It gives me strength, serenity, drive, euphoria, and a strong grounding feeling of the person I am every time I head out for a run.

Liver disease is one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S.
Thousands of individuals wait every year for a life-saving liver transplant.
There are 5.4 million people in the United States living with chronic Hepatitis B or C.
25% of Americans are being diagnosed with fatty liver disease, and 10% are children.

Every step I take and every dollar I raise will make a difference in the lives of more than 30 million Americans living with liver disease. By making a donation on my behalf, you will be helping the Foundation provide community-based education, research, support, and advocacy related to help prevent and treat liver disease.


As a health care professional, beginning her journey entering into the Physician Assistant profession, Kaitlyn knows all too well the devastating effects that liver disease takes on her patients and their families.

When asked why she chose to run for the Liver Foundation, Kaitlyn said,

"The Liver Foundation is important to me because of all the patients I have worked with and continue to work with that have come in with acute liver failure and have no idea what has happened. They have gone from normal lives to hanging on to every thread of their lives within one diagnosis. Its scary and aggressive and anything we can do to not only find more aggressive treatment but also donate resources to prevention and educational resources will help to alleviate the suffering that liver disease causes."


Let's make this fundraising Friday a very special fundraising Friday for Kaitlyn. As she trains to toe the starting line at Hopkinton to make a difference in the lives of those living with liver disease, let's get her miles closer to her fundraising goal!

You can make your donation to her fundraising page.

Journey well!

No comments:

Post a Comment