Monday, December 8, 2014

"Magic is believing in yourself...

If you can do that, you make anything happen."



There are times when I get very nervous with putting myself out there. I've put it all out there in "Coming Home:A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility" and "Journey Well." In order to be vulnerable, honest and share Truth, I have to come from a place of believing in myself.



While writing my story has been healing for me, I am putting my story out there for a higher purpose.

An excerpt from "Journey Well" after a treatment at Sollievo Massage and Bodywork:

"Today I felt that the theme of the session was reclaiming this space as my own.”

“That is your birth right Mary. This is yours to claim.”

“I feel that I am pure love and light Joseph…”

“That is not a truth that is The Truth. And nothing can take that away. Your mission was not to serve these people or be the result of what happened to you. You have a much higher purpose.”


I have been humbled and amazed by people's response to my journey which in one way or another is the journey of everyone. We have all had a past. We have all had challenges. When we share our stories of how we are able to ultimately journey well, we all heal.

I created a page for "Journey Well" on Facebook. Its purpose is to bring awareness to "Journey Well" the book but it is also to create a community of people who want to journey well together. It's a page for posting quotes to help people begin and end their day and to have a pick me up of inspiration in the middle of the day.

I am blessed by the people I have met through my "Journey Well" page and the energy of love, kindness, hope and positivity that is being generated through the people in the community.

I could have retired from the VA after being diagnosed with post polio syndrome and retreated into the background of life. But my Spirit wouldn't let me dwell there. Ever since I wrote the poem "Running the Race," in February of 2008, I began believing in myself and my ability to have a full and vibrant life regardless of conditions. There has been so much magic and miracles and mysticism and so much to be grateful for. It all begins with believing in yourself!


I donate 50% of proceeds of Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility to The One Fund to help survivors of the Boston Marathon bombings.

I donate 50% of proceeds of "Journey Well" to AccesSportAmerica where their team helps people of all ages and abilities toward higher function and fitness through high impact sports and training.







No comments:

Post a Comment