Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Why do I run?

It's a question I ask myself many times in my soon to be released book, "Journey Well." The answers come from deep within my heart and soul. The answers come from other running greats.

"I run for me now. I run for health...I run to discover what's possible for me now and I run to push the edge of the envelope. I run to experience clarity and calm, exhilaration and wonder. I run because it is a part of who I am. I am so blessed to be able to run and to have the opportunity to express my life through my running..."
(p. 166, "Journey Well")

I run to raise money and support races that raise money for causes near and dear to my heart.

On Thanksgiving, I am running the Boston Volvo Village 5K Road Race. I am running with passion and purpose. I sat next to Joel Richards of the Greater New England Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society at Fashion Plates last Friday. He told me that he has talked with researchers who agree that as they search for the cure for MS they are going to find cures and therapeutics for other neuromuscular conditions such as ALS and other autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.

I am carrying each of the ladies who modeled at Fashion Plates with me in my heart along with all those who live with neuromuscular conditions. I have several friends who are living with MS and they will help fuel my journey from start to finish.

Whether I run a 5K or a marathon; whatever pace I run, whether or not I get that PR of a time better than 46:53, I run because:



Please donate what you can to my fundraising page and come out on Thanksgiving morning to run, to cheer, to celebrate what is perfect in each and every one of us regardless of the conditions that life presents to us.




No comments:

Post a Comment