Thursday, November 6, 2014

Three Weeks from Today

Three weeks from today I run for those who can't because I believe someday they will.

There is a climate of the collective consciousness for healing that is happening from stem cell transplantation to help a paralyzed man walk again, to exoskeletons to epidural stimulation. There are new clinical trials happening in cancer treatment. Scientists everywhere are setting their intentions on finding ways to help people heal. At MGH's Martinos Center, they are conducting studies on the positive outcomes of using complementary therapies.

There is always hope.

Please support me as I run the Boston Volvo Village 5K Run to benefit the Greater New England Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

I have been blessed with remarkable healing from the late effects of paralytic polio. I experience new neuromuscular connections and am able to build strength. I am blessed with a wonderful quality of life despite living with a spinal cord injury. I have access to phenomenal resources at Spaulding Rehab with their Aquatics Therapy program and Adaptive Sports program and weekly mind/body treatments at Sollievo Massage and Bodywork. Emotional support and healing modalities are crucial in the care and treatment of those living with a neuromuscular condition such as MS.

When we unlock the door to one condition, we can unravel the mysteries to other conditions.

I am training hard for this race and am hoping for a time of 46:45 or better, body and conditions willing. The goal that is more important to me though is meeting and exceeding my fund raising goal of $1000.




Please donate what you can and share with your friends and family. Together we can create a world of possibility and healing for those living with MS.

You can donate via my personal fund raising page.












No comments:

Post a Comment