Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Going the Distance: On Motivation, Momentum and Accountability




When the alarm went off at 6:00am this morning, day 5 of my 5 day training cycle, I wanted to roll over, go back to sleep and take a day off. In a heartbeat one can go from positive momentum to negative momentum.



It looked like there may have been some black ice outside. Tom is in taper mode for the Hyannis Half this weekend. I debated about whether to go to Wave Health and Fitness, get on the treadmill at home or go outside. During the debate, after our morning meditation, I decided to get my core work done.

After getting the blood flowing with a plank, clams, bicycle and knee to elbow, I was ready for an early morning run. That's what was on the schedule and so an early morning run is what I was going to do. I gave myself a push to maintain the positive momentum I've been blessed to experience. How many mornings could I physically not get out of bed without pain everywhere and feeling that fatigue to the bone regardless of how many hours I was in bed? How many times could I not do core work or run or run on a treadmill experiencing heaviness throughout my body? Since meeting Dr. Ryan J. Means and reminding myself that I AM the placebo following the works of Dr. Joe Dispenza, I am moving forward with great intention and power.

My plan is to allow for the fullness of expression of my journey of transformation from a survivor of paralytic polio and childhood trauma to a woman who fully embodies her potential as a runner; as one who challenges herself with strength training, swimming, cross training and running to achieve my fullest potential on my health and wellness journey.

Writing a blog and being "out there" on Facebook holds me accountable to my plan.



After I posted this photo on Facebook celebrating the completion of another 5 day training cycle:



I received an outpouring of likes, loves and "wow's" along with private messages about how I inspire people!

When the day began I did not feel like getting my workout done. I know how blessed I am with this miracle of healing I have created in my life.

To those who have been given much, much is asked of them. It is my moral imperative to stay motivated, maintain positive momentum on my health and wellness journey and be accountable to those who look to me for inspiration and hope.



To your health and wellness,
~Mary



"Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance" is now available on Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment