Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Celebration of Healing: Spotlight on Chiropractic Care



Eleven years ago tomorrow I left my almost 20 year award winning career as a VA social worker to heal my life from the effects of childhood paralytic polio and trauma. Throughout my life, I have been blessed to meet earth angels to help me overcome adversity and challenges in my life. During these past 11 years, I've explored and experienced many different healing modalities. I bless each and every one I met along with the invaluable soul lessons I learned along the way.

After a serious knee injury in December of 2014, I was introduced to the benefits of chiropractic care. After my chiropractor left to practice in China, I didn't pursue chiropractic care as part of my health and wellness regimen. Last year, while at a Business Networking International meeting, I "just happened" to meet Dr. Lizzie Sobel. I was most impressed with her presentation at the meeting about her style of chiropractic care, her passion for her work especially as she talked about a technique she uses to help turn babies who are presenting as breach to allow for a vaginal delivery. While she specializes in family chiropractic care - pregnant moms, post partum moms and their babies, she is dedicated to helping people of all ages in all phases of life experience their health and wellness best.

Since last July I have been partnering with Dr. Lizzie on my health and wellness journey. I was able to run the Bermuda Half Marathon in January uninjured and enjoy every mile along the way. My body is recovering well with the help of weekly chiropractic treatment sessions. As a survivor of paralytic polio and trauma, I've been running and working out with a lot of imbalances in my body. As we align my body each week, reset my nervous system, encourage spinal fluid to flow I am healing the effects of paralytic polio and trauma. I am in awe of the art and science of chiropractic care. I had throbbing pain in my scapula for a few days prior to my appointment. Dr. Lizzie noted that the scapula on my right side was 2 inches higher on my left side. It was pulling on the muscle attachment causing pain! As she used her instruments to encourage the bone back to its natural alignment and used soft tissue manipulation to ease the pain, the scapula was able to return to its natural alignment in line with my left side. The adjustment held and the pain was gone!

Each week I let Dr. Lizzie know what areas need attention although she goes through the entire body with her keen hands and eagle eyes to adjust areas that could lead to injury or pain. Her gentle touch, her balancing out of the body and paying attention to specific "trouble" spots leave me feeling relaxed with a sense of peace and comfort being in my body. That is quite a testimony for someone who has experienced over 25 surgeries, a spinal cord injury and severe trauma as a child. Dr. Lizzie also prides herself in providing education to her patients about their bodies, the work and for self care practices at home.

Tomorrow marks 11 years since I left the VA to heal my life. I am delighted to shine the spotlight on chiropractic care that has become an integral part of my healing journey. Eleven years later -- I celebrate healing!

Be sure to visit Dr. Lizzie's website by following this link. She has offices in Copley Square Boston and Walpole.

If you are on the South Shore, be sure to check out Seaside Chiropractic by following this link.

To your health and wellness
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website at www.marymcmanus.com

Hear my interview with Kendra Petrone on Magic 106.7's Exceptional Women Show by following this link

My books are available on Amazon and at Paper Fiesta in Natick on Mile 10 of the Boston Marathon route.

No comments:

Post a Comment