Sunday, March 12, 2017

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Reclaim Muscle Power! Celebrating Success!



Yesterday Jeffrey Spratt, MT and I were blessed to be part of Dr. Kansra's Walk with a Doc at St. Vincent's Hospital in Worcester. Dr. Kansra posted this on Facebook, "Over the last 2 years Jeffrey worked with Mary and session after grueling session Mary regained her muscle power."

Indeed!

Last summer, Jeffrey and I did a healing ceremony at Castle Island. During the ceremony in which we called in all 4 of the elements, Jeffrey led me through Rejuvenation Exercise as part of the earth element. One of the exercises he used was one that strengthens biceps and triceps. At the time I was unable to organize neurologically to do the exercise. Jeffrey guided my arms through the exercise providing education about the muscles we were firing up with the exercise.

Jeffrey used that exercise yesterday. Everything was neurologically organized to allow me to follow the exercise and feel the burn.



Sunday is my day to strength train. Two years ago Dr. Ryan Means aka Dr. Ryan, a chiropractor and healer was an earth angel sent to me after my knee injury of December 2014. After a physical therapist from hell asked me how come I couldn't squat, Dr. Ryan showed me the proper way to squat and suggested that I use the wall until I had the proprioception and muscle power to do a squat away from the wall. Little by little I've been moving away from the wall and today - boom! It happened - 25 squats away from the wall. It took incredible effort and energy and I cried after they were done. They were tears of effort, gratitude and a sense of triumph!

After contracting paralytic polio I never had the chance to build strength. I was blessed and oh so fortunate that I came out of my leg brace and was able to walk again albeit with a limp but for my body to completely heal, I needed a loving, nurturing environment. Unfortunately the family that I was born into was anything but loving and nurturing. On top of the paralytic polio, I had to endure 9 years of unrelenting horror against myself mind, body and soul.

With the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, Jeffrey's compassionate presence and being what I like to call a Battle Buddy, we are clearing out the emotional and physical debris from the battlefield of my past. Having all that gunk out of my system, I am able to work out and strength train and physically, emotionally and spiritually transform from the girl and adolescent and woman who endured and embodied the effects of paralytic polio and trauma to a woman who is now reclaiming muscle power and celebrating success!

To your health and wellness,
~Mary


My latest book, 'Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance' is available on Amazon chronicling my journey to health and wellness as a survivor of paralytic polio and trauma and a woman who refused to quit!






No comments:

Post a Comment