Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Upon This Rock

Before partnering with Jeffrey Spratt, MT who pioneered the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy I could not strength train on land, or experience any positive momentum in my health and wellness journey; I experienced chronic fatigue and chronic pain and incredible frustration in not feeling good in the skin I was in. I would be able to push myself only so far and then I'd end up injured or experiencing a slide into negative momentum.



As much as I focused on positive momentum, writing poetry to imagine myself healthy, whole, running free and unencumbered, and asking the question how will I ever reclaim my life, I could not move forward with any positive momentum.

Since partnering with Jeffrey, I understand why I was stuck.

I was trying to build my house on sand.

I was not able to heal from the ravages of paralytic polio because 3 years after contracting paralytic polio, my father sexually assaulted me. Rapes turned into beatings until his suicide when I was 17 years old. My grandmother subjected me to torture rituals on the weekend. I survived by developing my intellectual prowess and dissociating mind from body. All that gunk stuck in my body compromised from the polio virus left a weak foundation on which to build muscle and strength.

KMI Structural Integration, Zero Balancing, Energy Healing, regular massage therapy, meditation, visualization, writing poetry, PT, OT, running, yoga - I tried so many paths for healing and nothing was able to get the job done.

As Jeffrey explains it, we are now going layer by layer excavating the traumatic memories, healing the damage and getting down to bedrock so I can build a strong foundation. I am reconditioning my body to a new mind, blazing new trails of feeling, thinking and being using the wonderful work of Dr. Joe Dispenza to harness the power of the Divine Intelligence within me. Jeffrey's powerful positive quality touch and his compassionate presence meet my energy and intention for healing and together, upon this rock of faith, confidence, courage and strength, create the masterpiece of my life...it's the way me was always meant to be.



I've increased the resistance on the Bike and Arc Trainer at Wave Health and Fitness. I'm running hard and bringing down my time since finishing the Bermuda Half Marathon last month and loving every minute of all the physical challenges. I've also been able to use my workouts and runs to alleviate stress and tension from both the past and the present because after all,
to quote Jeffrey, nobody lives in Shangri La.

I've been wanting this for so long...10 years this month ... when I first started writing poetry to imagine myself and dream about the way I wanted to feel in my body. We still have more work to do but as Jeffrey said to me two weeks ago, "We'll get there." While getting from me right now to the "There" manifesting in physical reality, I share another one of Dr. Joe's sayings:


Remember to have faith, have courage, be kind to yourself. Have patience and know that anything and everything is possible!

To your health and wellness,
Mary

"Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance" is now available on Amazon. It chronicles my journey of transformation from a survivor of paralytic polio and trauma to a woman who reclaimed her advantage and reclaimed her life through the power of positive quality touch partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT and his trail blazing Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy.



No comments:

Post a Comment