Thursday, January 5, 2017

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! With Awe and Anticipation



This time next week Team McManus will be in Bermuda. After a tasty dinner at The Pickled Onion overlooking beautiful Hamilton Harbor, we will take a leisurely stroll back to our home away from home The Rosedon Hotel.


I have worked so hard this year training for the Bermuda Half Marathon happening one week from Sunday! Every week I did a 5 day training cycle never missing a beat and building miles on our base beginning in June. My training journal is quite impressive if I do say so myself. This year, I incorporated the Arc Trainer and Bike at Wave Health and Fitness

Partnering with Jeffrey Spratt,MT I worked to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life healing the once devastating effects of paralytic polio and trauma. There was and still is pain - physical, emotional and spiritual but it is a good pain of healing. I feel the positive momentum happening and having those weekly treatments held me in good stead as Tom and I negotiated an incredibly stressful family situation.

I celebrate my success of having trained for my second CONSECUTIVE Bermuda Half Marathon and the powerful transformation that is happening in all areas of my life. Why today I went to the dentist and for the first time - no head tremors when they took X-rays!

I'm reclaiming my hands and arms thanks to Jeffrey's Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, his incredible patience and compassionate presence. Today I sent off a copy of:



As I wrote the inscription in the book I remembered the work I do with Jeffrey and decided that I was going to write that inscription like a boss!



I am reclaiming my handwriting and I am bringing incredible compassion and kindness to tremors and trembling.

And what a difference in the range of motion in my cervical spine! I noticed it while driving today and realized that without greatly diminished tension on the muscles that support my head, everything can relax and not have to work so hard that manifested in tremors.

I am in absolute awe of the healing that has happened in my life. Ten years ago at this time I faced a pretty grim and scary future not knowing how in God's name I would ever/could ever reclaim my life after the diagnosis of post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease which in fact was a result of the build up of "gunk" from paralytic polio and trauma being stuck in my body!

Two years ago I was told it was game over for me and running! Thank God for Dr. Ryan J. Means, a chiropractor healer, who set me right back on my healing path and turned me onto the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza and What the bleep do we know.... By all appearances I should not be trained and ready for my 2nd Bermuda Half Marathon based on what the MRI showed, and I was told that I should get back to the team at the post polio clinic for an evaluation to see what I needed to attend to the symptoms of post polio syndrome. We tend to defer to the so called experts about what is happening in our body. I love what Candace Pert, Ph.D. had to say about that:


I am in awe of how blessed I am to have been led to Dr. Ryan and then to Jeffrey who have taken me to the places I wrote about in my poetry; of reclaiming my life and living and running unencumbered and free!

I anticipate a most magical time in Bermuda this year. I anticipate such joy in cheering on Tom in the Bermuda Triangle Half Challenge. I anticipate incredible excitement reuniting with friends from last year, seeing our dear friends on the Island and sharing the experience with Boston runner friends!

I am in awe of how much I have transformed and healed this past year and anticipate the sights, scents, sensational experience that only Bermuda can bring.

I plan to savor every moment leading up to when we go to the airport on Thursday morning. Team McManus has one more training run on Saturday morning - an easy 3 miles! I see Jeffrey on Wednesday and I know he will give me all I need to fill my tank to go the distance - 13.1 miles - to be exact on January 15, 2017.

Right now I am filled with awe -- and anticipation! My heart overflows with gratitude. I.am.blessed to have reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life from those who tried to steal what was rightfully mine all along - health, happiness and well being.

To your health and wellness,
~Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment