Friday, January 27, 2017

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! To Freedom!



In the Introduction to my book, "Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance," I wrote:
Perhaps the greatest gift that Jeffrey Spratt, LMT has given to me is the permission to speak my Truth. His healing hands, compassionate presence, unconditional love and non-judgment of anything I share in our massage therapy sessions bathe the wounds to bring healing to all that went before.

Layer by layer we have been unearthing the wounds and healing them mind, body and soul. In last week's massage therapy session as Jeffrey hit a spot on my buttocks that had been beaten until it was raw by my father, I expressed my pain and sadness and then the most miraculous thing happened! I had an entirely new thought and new image. I asked Jeffrey if he would go back and work on the area so I could focus on the power of positive quality touch rather than having the trigger prevail. I imagined Jeffrey being back with me at 48 Oregon Avenue in Westchester NY and saying to my father, "You sonofa**** stop beating her." I felt incredible healing, release and relief in the area around my right hip. As Jeffrey continued to work using his unique method of muscular therapy I experienced profound healing throughout my body. As he worked deep in my left upper body near my left arm, I felt a flow of energy. Now, instead of feeling the tremors in my hands, I can feel the flow of energy from my back all the way down to my hands and a new neural net gaining momentum in its strength and healing.

After a flush of my legs while I was on my back, Jeffrey moved to my cervical spine and cranium. I often stiffen up (even after almost two years of working together) but in last week's session I completely let go and worked with him to work out the kinks in my cervical spine, upper back and release tension. I could feel powerful emotions swirling inside of me and I could feel how I was holding myself back from letting something surface. Jeffrey is an intuitive healer and he reminded me that I am safe now; to let it go. For the first time I was free to say what I always wanted to say to my father in the midst of those beatings but didn't dare for fear it would only make things worse. "I did nothing wrong!" I went on to shift from having embodied the terror and fear and beliefs of having been battered for 9 years to a woman liberated by truth, love, the power of positive quality touch, compassionate presence and my own courage to break free from the past.

Dr. Joe Dispenza
talks about crossing the river of change with fear at our back. He has wonderful videos and books about why change is so hard (because it is hardwired into the very fiber and neurochemistry of our being) but with meditation and awareness we are able to break the habit of being ourselves -- our memorized self.



Since last week's session I feel calmer and more free than I ever have in my life. I have more confidence and am finding my voice and the ability to speak my truth in a way I never have before. Fear, terror and anxiety recede into the background and in the foreground I emerge. A miracle of a woman transformed and healed after living through the most horrific abuse one child and adolescent could ever endure; the one two punch of paralytic polio and violence.

And there's that word - endurance.


I can feel the glory of triumph over the circumstances of my past and have unearthed a powerful purpose; to help free others from the chains of trauma through sharing my message of hope and healing and to partner with Jeffrey to spread the word about the life saving work we are doing. The early results of our research study, "The Efficacy of the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy on Trauma Recovery," are very promising and then of course there's my anecdotal case study that I like to call Reclaim Life After Trauma: The New Normal.

My new normal is getting better and better. It's not just about my journey but about helping others to find their path to freedom and healing.

I am incredibly blessed and grateful that I have been able to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life and stake my claim on living free from the shackles of my past.

To your health and wellness,
~Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment