Thursday, November 3, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! When horrible things happen - Reflections on Grace and Resilience!



As I come up on the ten year anniversary of being diagnosed with post polio syndrome, it becomes abundantly clear to me that the horrific events I lived through after contracting paralytic polio (as if that was not horrible enough) were deeply embedded in my body causing dis-ease and dysfunction.

What grace to have found my way to Dr. Ryan Means, a chiropractor who let me know with his hands and his heart that I was worthy of healing. Through powerful chiropractic adjustments, reading "You are the Placebo" by Dr. Joe Dispenza together, KT taping and prescribing exercises and equipment for me along with endless compassion, love and light I was back on my healing path after a serious knee injury in December of 2014.

Shortly after meeting Dr. Ryan, I found my way to Jeffrey Spratt,MT. He pioneered his very own method of muscular therapy that he delivers with compassion and a powerful intention to heal that met with my powerful intention to heal that I expressed through the power of my pen, my divining rod for healing, as poetry inspiring healing and imagining my future without the shackles of the past poured out of me.

Both Jeffrey and Ryan know everything that happened to me. Unlike many other people I'd seen in the past as part of my healing odyssey, they met me with compassion instead of detached curiosity; a fervent desire to help me go the distance and let me know in no uncertain terms that I had nothing to be ashamed of and that I was worthy of healing!



As a retired VA social worker, I know it's not easy to bear witness and compassionate presence when a client shares when horrible things happen to them but I also know about the infinite potential for healing; the ability for a person to not only survive but to thrive in the wake of trauma and tragedy. Jeffrey knows it too and so every week we work together and I work out and dedicate myself 100% to my health and wellness journey.

Bit by bit, piece by piece we sort through the rubble of my past and the wounds and scars left in my body from emotional and physical neglect and abuse. The transformation is stunning as together, Jeffrey and I clear out the "crap" and rebuild on a solid foundation of a factory new body and Being.

Ten years - ten years of plowing and planting and waiting; being patient and persistent and now I am poised to do something I have not yet done on this journey. I am running my 2nd Consecutive Bermuda Half Marathon.

When those fears from the past rear their little head, I have so many tools to slay those dragons.


As Jeffrey and I unearth, heal and transform those horrible events, I experience the gift of grace in my life tapping into my tremendous power and strength aware of how remarkable and resilient I am.

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment