Monday, November 14, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Back to our regularly scheduled programming....Two months to go!



It would be so easy for me to get weighed down by the tonnage of negativity and fear happening in our country right now. I know everyone is hurting and scared. Yes even those who are filled with hatred and bigotry because underneath all that posturing and rage lie frightened, vulnerable souls who are terrified to feel love, compassion and kindness.

But I am on a mission right now and I know my mission and my message is as important if not more important now as it was before last Tuesday.

I'm a 63 year old woman who lived through the most horrifying events a child and adolescent could possibly endure at the hands of family members. Ten years ago I was diagnosed with post polio syndrome a progressive neuromuscular disease and told to prepare to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair. By all appearances and as far as Western Medicine was concerned, I was on a downhill course to the grave.

I took charge of my life rather than listening to the noise of what was happening around me. I got still. I went within. I asked for Divine Guidance and as always happens, it came. It came in the form of poetry and my pen became my divining rod for healing.

There were many twists and turns, trials, triumphs and tribulations until I met two remarkable healers.

Dr. Ryan J. Means - doctor of chiropractic medicine who believes in the body's natural capacity to heal. All that I yearned for, all that I imagined in my poetry began to come into physical reality through partnering with him. He believed in me and is so passionate about healing and being a healer and that the body is meant to move and age well when we take care for ourselves. His faith in what could we accomplished was infectious. I held fast and never let go of that belief in these past two years following a serious knee injury in December of 2014. Once again I had to tune out the noise and the naysayers and the doomsday scenario makers around me and stay clear and focused on what I wanted and needed to create in my life. There were times when I wavered but ultimately would not let the negativity prevail.

And then - then I met Jeffrey Spratt,MT, who pioneered his very own method of muscular therapy. "What leg are we rehabbing?" he asked with incredible confidence and expressed that confidence in healing through the power of positive touch in my first session with him and then, at the end of the session, told me "I want you to run unencumbered."

Every day in every way I've been healing from the effects of paralytic polio and violence.

This past weekend we hit double digits - 10 miles - on our road to the Bermuda Half Marathon.

In addition to 90 minute weekly massage therapy sessions, I am going for biweekly ShakeOut (TM) Massage therapy sessions with Jeffrey. I was sore and stiff going into today's ShakeOut (TM) Massage. After 25 minutes on the table I was ready to take on 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer and 30 minutes on the bike to continue with cross training on the road to the Bermuda Marathon Weekend.

I felt strong and confident as I train for my 2nd CONSECUTIVE Bermuda Marathon Weekend.

Ten years ago I was told I was ready for the scrap heap and believe me ... this time 10 years ago I felt ready for the scrap heap mind, body and soul experiencing chronic pain and fatigue, a limp, difficulty swallowing and breathing and feeling as though my life force was draining out of me.

I moved from the dark night of my soul into the light of day running the 2009 Boston Marathon.

But for the life of me I could not get traction on my healing journey.

The suicide of my nephew in March of 2011 dealt a horrible blow to me mind, body and soul.

4/15/2013 was a wake up call for me to get back on my healing path but I was yet to find the healers who could partner with me to go the distance.

After that serious knee injury in December of 2014, when I thought things were taking a negative slide again on my healing journey, I had the surprise of my life and the crisis of my knee injury turned into a fabulous opportunity for me to experience positive momentum and move from a healing journey to a journey of health and wellness.

This is all so new and miraculous for me ... I'm doing something I've never done before - training for my 2nd CONSECUTIVE Half Marathon. After taking time off from racing to recover from Bermuda and the Hyannis 10K, I ran several successful races before resuming my training.

Ten years ago I was on a negative slide to my grave...two years ago I was told my running career was over - again ... but because I did not listen to the noise and negativity of others, I was able to create what I wanted and needed in my own life partnering with healers who were infusing me with positive intentions for healing helping me to reclaim my advantage and reclaim my life through the power of positive touch and the best that Eastern and Western modalities had to offer me.

And now rather than being on a decline to an early grave...



To your health and wellness,
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment