Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Healing Paralysis - It's a Miracle!



As I approach the ten year anniversary of when I was given the diagnosis of post polio syndrome, a progressive neuromuscular disease, I've been reflecting - a lot - on these past ten years. I'm so blessed that I love to write and have chronicled my journey through my blogs and my journal. I am feverishly editing "Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance."

As I edit the sequel to my memoir, "Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing, Hope and Possibility," I reflect on the many twists and turns that my healing journey has taken me on. How is it that in the past year and a half, since partnering with Jeffrey Spratt, MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy I have healed more than I did in the previous 8 1/2 years?

The Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy allows the body to heal in its own time, at its own pace. Traumatic memories are unearthed and simultaneously healed. Jeffrey's clear intention to help his clients heal, "Reclaim Advantage and Reclaim Life" through the power of positive touch met with my burning and yearning to heal the effects of paralytic polio and trauma. His own innovative method of muscular therapy is exactly what I needed to remove blockages and to heal and reverse the effects of paralysis. I have new sensations and new muscles. Sometimes it's the little things that remind us of a miracle; like how I can lift my legs high enough using my inner thigh muscles to put my slacks on with ease and grace. I use more and more of my body as everything flows with cleaner and clear energy. Even at 63 years old, my body runs with greater efficiency thanks to my work with Jeffrey. Rather than seeing and feeling tremors in my hands and head, I experience a sense of steadiness to my body and Being. It's quite the miracle that I am able to continue to heal in the face of the extraordinary stress of our daughter's psychiatric condition. Yet here I am working out 5 days a week and training for the Bermuda Half Marathon in January.

I'd been through I lost count of how many series of KMI Structural Integration to help my body to heal. It's supposed to be a mind/body therapy but in my experience the only part of the mind portion of the work was mind games leading me to believe that there was something wrong with my body and its posture that needed to be fixed. A body doesn't heal with force and pressure from the outside in. Who is to judge my posture and what is the right way of moving and being? With the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, my mind, my body and my Spirit are able to return to, as I like to say, factory settings and as Jeffrey says, everything can now be made factory new through the power of positive touch.

From KMI Structural Integration, I found a therapist who practiced Zero Balancing. Talk about going from one extreme to the other. The language of Zero Balancing or ZB as it is known uses fulcrums and there is the cautionary tale about the therapist keeping a safe zone of interface between them and the client. Jeffrey is fully present mind, body and Soul and he uses his body, his hands, his heart and his compassionate presence to bring about positive momentum and healing erasing all that went before.

I feel so blessed and deeply grateful that I have arrived in this moment in my life. The effects from paralytic polio are healing. There is a rewiring of my neuromuscular system. I shift from experiencing triggers and trauma brain being stuck in the habits of the past to a wonderful state of expansion living in the present.

What an absolute gift. The best 10 year anniversary gift I could possibly ask for. Healing paralysis and the effects of trauma. It's a miracle!

To your health and wellness!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment