Saturday, September 24, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! 8.5 Miles - Experiencing More and More of Life!



Early on in my work with Jeffrey Spratt, MT, I told him that partnering with him and experiencing the power of positive touch with the Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy was adding years to my life. Jeffrey suggested that it's not about just adding years to my life but the quality of those years!

Before I found my way to Jeffrey's table, I had to struggle through my life experiencing a variety of symptoms and repeated injuries unable to get traction on my healing odyssey from the effects of paralytic polio and trauma. I didn't understand the manifestation of the symptoms or how to manage my body. The effects of paralytic polio and trauma seemed to manage me.

This past week, with the stress of our daughter's psychiatric condition, I experienced a resurgence of GI symptoms, lower back pain and pain in my SI joint. In the past, these would have snowballed into an infection or an injury that would have sidelined me. With compassionate presence and incredible skill, Jeffrey was able to support me in understanding the source of these symptoms and through emotional and physical release in the session with him, I was able to feel the heal and move forward in my healing journey.

Tom and I set out for our 8.5 mile run this morning. What a blessing to have a cool sunny day with a beautiful blue sky. We had everything mapped out and planned out this week. Last week I hadn't fueled properly the day before and we did not pay attention to our fueling and hydration plan. This week I made sure I ate well yesterday and listened to my body during the run. We enjoyed all the miles, the conversation, the weather, the water sparkling like diamonds on both Reservoirs that we ran around. I had set my Nike+ Running Club to get cheers and was delighted to read all the comments on Facebook after the run while I recovered in an ice bath.

Tom and I continue to visualize how our race will be in Bermuda in January recalling in exquisite detail our wonderful time running the race this past January.

We are so blessed to have so many in our village who share in the joy of our training run each week as we share in the joys of those in our village training for Fall Marathons or those who conquered their second 70.3 like my friend Nicole last weekend and others who are out for runs or bike rides, or racing for great causes.

In December of 2014, after experiencing a serious knee injury, I thought that my running days were over yet I couldn't say goodbye to the sport that is my medicine, my therapy and well, my life. The running community is my village and feeds my soul. We nurture each other and share in these precious weekends together.

8.5 miles in the Bank of Bermuda. I could have easily run another 4.6 miles today and know that I have a wonderful base and a strong foundation to go the 13.1 distance again in January 2017.



Despite or maybe because of now healing the effects of paralytic polio and trauma I get to reclaim advantage, reclaim life and experience more and more of life adding life to my years.

To your health and wellness,
Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment