Saturday, September 3, 2016

Reclaim Advantage! Reclaim Life! Persistence!



For ten years I have been persistent at healing my life from the effects of paralytic polio and childhood trauma. Once I met Jeffrey Spratt,MT, pioneer of the life saving Spratt Method of Muscular Therapy, I was able to get traction on my healing odyssey.

I am training once again for the Bermuda Half Marathon in January.

I have upped my game with core strength training exercises and my cross training with the Arc Trainer and Bike. I am using pool workouts for strength training in the pool and more gentle cardio full body work out.

Today was a perfect running weather day. With cooler temps prevailing, we cut 1 minute/mile pace off of our time for our 7.5 mile run.

If you look closely in our runfie:


you may notice a split upper lip.

On my way to work at Spratt Muscular Therapies on Tuesday, I somehow managed to trip up the curb. Now it was nothing like the tumble I took last year just around this time:


My left knee was scraped up pretty badly and I have bruises on my right arm that helped me to break my fall but my tooth didn't chip, my nose didn't get injured and I only had one scrape on my pinky on my right hand as opposed to the skin coming off the heel of my hands.

Yeah - what's up with this falling business right?

It's a wake up call - a loving shove from the Universe to pay attention to what I need to pay attention to, be present in the moment and to also discover my strength and persistence.

I was pissed when I hit the pavement this time but also delighted with my resilience mind, body and soul. I attribute the lack of injury and the resilience to my weekly massage therapy sessions with Jeffrey and my 5 day training cycle.

On Tuesday I got in my pool workout after the fall and on Wednesday did my cross training on the Arc Trainer and Bike letting my body know we are just fine!

During today's run I felt some pain in the top of my tibia just below the left knee where I had hit the ground. I reminded myself that I am just fine and to quote Dr. Joe Dispenza, thought greater than my circumstances.

I felt the joy of running at a great pace today feeling so good and so comfortable in my body. Those were a joyful 7.5 miles.

Everything seemed to come together today for Team McManus.

But it did not happen over night for me -- it's been years of persistence; of being on a quest to heal and finding someone to partner with me to heal.

Those sweet 7.5 miles were a reflection of how I have reclaimed my advantage and reclaimed my life from the thieves who tried to steal my life away from me.

One year ago I posted this on Facebook:
I feel like Cinderella - a woman transformed and know in every fiber of my Being and body that this is all so possible. #reclaimlife #reclaimadvantage. Thank you Jeffrey! Spratt Muscular Therapies, LLC Total grace! Blessed with healing and a great #sportsmassage. Boston's best! Hands down. "Where there is kindness there is goodness and where there is goodness there is magic!"



Have courage and be kind - and be persistent so that your beauty will blossom!

To your health and wellness,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment